Chores

This might not be great, but I hope you still enjoy.
Edit: One of my earlier fanfics.

"Kim Donghyun...."
"..."
"Kim Donghyun!!!"
"...."
He takes his time to finish his dance then snatches an earphone out.

"What...stop yelling at me woman!"
"Wow, it takes you thrice to finally hear me screaming your name??"
"I could hear you...I just decided not to answer."
"Unbelievable! You demand respect and get mad when you're being disrespected, yet you can't even answer when I call you?? You hypocrite!"
"What do you want?"
"To take the trash out when you're done vacuuming."
"Hold on! Don't rush me when I'm doing these chores. Everything needs to be thorough. I'll do it at my own pace."
"Tsk..that takes forever. I don't want to clean all day."

But, he ignores me, proceeds to put his earphone back in and starts dancing to the music again.
"Fine, I'll do it..."
Yup...we were spring cleaning. Yay.
Having barely soundproof walls, a small box for an apartment, and a neat freak of a boyfriend isn't delightful.
We'll most likely get our third noise complaint thanks to him vacuuming all night long.

I got up from my knees after cleaning our coffee table, threw anything we forgot in the trash bag, and tied it quickly.

Shouldn't have ran all the way with slippers.

I ran for the dump truck. I tend to forget that they pick up the trash on Sunday, so I'm almost always running barefoot.
"Yah, Cha Minjee...! Have your boyfriend do that stuff will you? You're always walking in here with black feet. That's not lady like."
I tried my best to smile at her and nod apologetically, but she constantly runs her mouth whenever I run up these stairs that it was hard not to mock her.
I did acknowledge her words this time and never had I agreed so much.

I walked back into the apartment, but didn't see Donghyun vacuuming. I suggest he was cleaning our bedroom or doing the laundry.
I sat on the couch to rest for only a few minutes because Donghyun would start to nag.
While I was closing my eyes, I felt a tingly feeling on my toes.

I scrunched my face and wriggled my feet from the sensation.
A few seconds later and it was there again.
I immediately frowned when I knew what was up.
I sat up on the couch and found Donghyun using a feather duster against me. He was giving me that smug smile.
He knows I'm looking directly at him and he continues to do it to get me to break.
I didn't miss the detail of his eyebrows wiggling.

I ball my knuckles and press my lips because it was....honestly cute.
No matter what Donghyun did was just too cute.
It was hard to not give in when he was using my weakest weakness against me.
I didn't even know if I was initially mad at him from the start.
Eventually, I gave in and started to giggle which turned into big laughs once Donghyun started using his hands.
"Donghyun! StOp," was all I could say. Most of my sentence was covered with slurs, laughs, and gibberish.
I was squirming and kicking. My saliva almost escaped.

We were laying on the couch, now.
After the tickle session which I had lost to due to my poor attempt of trying to tickle back, we slouched on the couch and talked.
I was laying on his lap. His arm over my stomach.
He gave me strokes and traces on my hair and face while we talked random.

"You said you wanted to clean until this place was spotless...Is sitting on the job cleaning?"
"Look who's talking. I thought you didn't want to clean, anyway. You should be thankful for this exception."
"Whatever...I'm probably more tired than you are..I deserve the break. I had to run for the dump truck.."
"Again? Why? I said I'd do it.."
"We all know you were gonna take forever with the pace you were using vacuuming this whole place," I roll my eyes.
"What do you mean?"
"Everything needs to be thorough," I quote him with my hands.
"So..you really had to run for the truck, again?"
"Yeah...why's that a surprise?"

There was silence and I watched the sun slowly setting, meaning the day was coming to an end, yet we still haven't finished our sterile routine.
While staring at the window, I feel something soft against my neck.
After a few seconds I started to feel tingly and curious.
"Donghyun?"
"Hm?"
"What're you doing?" I sit up from his lap and give him a skeptical look.

He brings his hand towards my hair and begins brushing it with his fingers.
His soft gaze towards me and I continue to watch.
What was he doing?
"I'm sorry...I'm sorry for making you do that...I'll make it up to you....I promise."
"How 'bout....take the trash out for three Sundays in a row?"
He widens his eyes.

"What? It's not hard..."
"Minjee, I'll make it up....I promise."
I smile instantly with what he said and brought my lips to his. He responded and felt him grin under the kiss.
"How exactly will you make it up?" I ask with a specific tone.
"Uhhh- Minjee what are you thinking about?"
"Nothing...nothing...just curious."
"If I hadn't known any better, you're thinking about something dirty-"
"Donghyun! Just....keep that promise, okay?"
He gives beams tenderly and takes a pinky out.
"Promise, Minjee."

And with that in mind, I had enough energy to finish the laundry.
I folded my clothes and Donghyun promised to fold his.
After hanging some socks on the rack I made my way to the bedroom.
He said to meet him there when I was done..and as far as I know..which I do know, I'm thinking of a lot of case scenarios for what's about to go down.
Which explains my nervous steps toward the door.
Little did I know he just wanted me to make up the bed with him.
I have a dirty mind...he was right.

"What?"
"N-nothing." I stutter.
"You know, Minjee, this room isn't the only thing that needs cleaning, now."
"What? If you know what I'm thinking about then you're thinking the same thing."
"What were you thinking of then, Minjee?"

I stay quiet and he smirks in victory.
"Not gonna say it, huh?"
"Can we just....clean?"
"Wow, you're so desperate to clean all of a sudden," he chuckles.
I look down at the floor as he laughs at me.

We both did each side. Put the sheets and comforters above the mattress, fluffed the pillows out, then placed the wool blanket on top.
I so badly wanted to just ruin the work we've done because it just looked so warm and cozy and I was exhausted.
I looked at Donghyun and I can tell he had the exact same thought from the way he looked at it.
I slowly made my way up to Donghyun with an "oh so innocent smile" and wrapped my arms around him.
He flinched, but responded and held my hands.
I peeked over his shoulder and he glanced at me in confusion.

What a mess...
Donghyun was mad that I threw him in the covers with me.
He was mad because all of that meticulousness was for nothing.
He was mad that he almost strangled me in my own blankets.
All I could respond with was hysterical laughter.
The sheets and comforters got untucked from our mattress thanks to my struggling.
In the end, we cuddled in our wooly warmth.
It was so comfortable and relaxing I didn't even feel like opening my eyes.
I just intoxicated myself by inhaling his sweet scent.

"You're tired, huh?" He questions.
"A little..let's stay up together, though..until we both fall asleep." I say as I curled my arms tighter around his tiny waist, nestled in his chest and sank deeper into the sheets.
"Thank you for cleaning with me..I know you don't like to tidy up, sometimes."
"Well..it's good that you like tidiness. Instead of blankets, we'd be snuggled in dirt thanks to me."
"Opposites do attract, as they say.." He kisses the top of my head.
We sighed in unison, cherishing the moment. All tension was gone and we both had each other in our arms.
We cuddled until we gave in to slumber.