Milk Before Cereal

It's almost the New Year and I've never been so excited.
This story was a....very weird concept, but I guess it was sad, too?
I don't know what's gotten into me with the depressing stories, I just like them.
Honestly, I don't even know if it's good.
I hope you enjoy, though!
Warning: Curse words (just like my other stories)

Milk has always been...for some reason disgusting to me.
It wasn't sweet, it wasn't delicious, it wasn't appetizing.
It tasted like plastic..
Don't get me started on the skim milk.

I never liked it when I was younger nor grown up.
All my life I've avoided drinking milk alone.
I never have it alone. I can't drink it alone.
I only drink it with cereal.

Cereal just makes everything better.
It sweetens the white, dull and unpleasant liquid.
Besides, you can't have cereal without milk.

Cereal was sugary and delicious.
I ate it everyday, which was the only reason I had to drink milk.
It's no obsession.....sorta like I had no choice..
It's fucking good and easily attainable.
That's an irresistible deal and in no way is this advertised.

One thing is for sure....cereal over milk for me any day.

*
*
*

"So...after school, we can go over to your house...I haven't seen your mom in ages. To be honest, I missed her more than you."
"Wow, I'll make sure to tell my mom you have a crush on her." I titter, never disappointed to hear his flattering remarks.
"So, is that a yes?" His face leveling to mine, trying to catch my eyes with his huge orbs.
I shake my head, fed up with his endless attempts to act cute. "I can't, Daeyeol...I have tutoring lessons, and then I have grocery shopping to do. I need more cereal." I pout, expressing how sorry I was.

"Seems like cereal is more important than me these days," he sighs, putting his head down, making it impossible for me to keep poise.
"Aww, Daeyeol...that's not true." I frown and wrap my arms around his waist. "You're always important to me."
"We can go to my house on Saturday if that's okay with you."

I sneak a peak at his face, his lips twitching at the corners, his composure finally breaking as his mouth formed into a meek smile. "Don't be like this in public, Hayoon." He tried to remove my arms, but I insisted on staying put. "People could think we're dating."
"What? I'm just hugging a friend. What's wrong with hugging a friend?"
He giggles as he takes my arms and detaches it from his waist. "Hayoon. Your boyfriend might be watching."
He said gently as he patted my hands and continued to walk to the library.

My face and shoulders drop, feeling utter despondency from his distancing lately.
"Pops, what's wrong?" My hands flail in question as well as I called after him.
"Don't call me that." His finger points in response to me, back still turned.
"Why won't you hug me back?"
"Why don't you hurry up so we can get there before classes start." He turns his head and cocks it to the side.
I shake mine and chuckle playfully, getting ready to skip towards him, but feel a stern grip on my wrist.

"Hey, princess." I was pulled back, someone's hand twirling me before snaking their arms around my waist.
"Jangjun? Hey, what's up?" I giggle, feeling his kisses crawling up on my neck, his hair tickling my face.
"Jangjun?" I asked, he began trailing his kisses from my neck to the base of my throat, slowly making their way to my collarbone. "J-Jangjun...not here..." I pat his head repeatedly, warning him.
He only hums in response, ignoring my notice.

"O-Okay....Jangjun..not here." I take his hands, emphasizing the last part, turning myself around to face him. "Need something?"
I asked, rubbing his hands softly. He bends down to my eye level, smirking as he glanced at me lazily. "You....I want you." He leans in closer, but I stop him. "Jangjun..." my eyes narrow, head tilted to the side.
He chuckles and smiles in defeat. "Okay, okay....I wanted to ask you something...mind doing me a favor?" He postures himself back up and raises an eyebrow.