Chapter Twenty

Anna's POV

"I think my brother would kill you if he saw us like this." I mumble playfully as I stared up at the blonde haired boy above me.

"I'm just in your room.... it's not like we are doing anything." Owen replies playfully as he runs his hand along my dresser.

I roll my eyes as I quickly grab my sweatshirt and throw it over my shoulder. Owen just offered to help me grab my sweatshirt from my room before we hang out with Madi. I watched as Owen walked around my room admiring all my pictures on the wall.

"You have a picture of me and you in your room?" Owen says playfully as he grabs the picture.

I quickly snatch it out of his hand in embarrassment as he just laughs at me.

"I have pictures with everyone don't look so amused." I tell him sharply as I nudge his shoulder.

"Did you get what you needed so you won't freeze to death?" Owen asks me softly.

"Yeah we can go now." I tell him.

Me and Owen both start to walk towards the door at the same time causing us to run into one another. We both laughed as we attempted again to walk past one another but ended up hitting each others shoulders again.

"You go first." Owen says softly as he laughs.

I try and walk in front of him but accidentally trip on his foot causing me to nearly fall onto the ground. I feel Owens hands on my waist as he saves me from falling.

"You are a mess." He says playfully.

"I thought you would have known that by now." I reply playfully as I look up at him.

I feel my breath get lost in my throat as I realize how close his face is from mine. I felt his hands still on my waist as I took a deep breath.

"Madi has been waiting for way longer than we umm...." I mumble but get lost in Owens eyes.

"Then we umm what?" Owen asks me softly as his eyes flicker to my lips.

"Then we told her...." I mumble as I forget everything I was going to say due to how close I was to him.

I try and move towards the door but Owen moves at the same time causing me and him to both trip over each other's shoes. I lose my balance and start to fall backwards as I feel Owens hands on my waist. This time he also lost his balance causing us both to fall onto my bed. Owens body was pressed against mine as he laid on top of me on my bed. I felt extremely nervous as I tried not to meet his eyes but found myself getting lost in them again.

"Hey Anna! I think Owen is here to pick you up!" Charlie yelled as I heard his approaching footsteps.

Owen quickly gets off of me as we both stand up and look away from each other.

"You have to hide." I say frantically as I take a step away from Owen.

"Why do I need to hide?" Owen asks me sharply.

"Because if Charlie comes in here and sees you in my room then he will assume the wrong thing and he will be mad at both of us.... he won't listen to me and he won't believe us.....plus he told me if I ever had a boy in my room he would... well I won't go into the details." I explain to Owen nervously as I hear Charlie knock on my door.

Owen raises his eyebrows at me as he still looked confused. I simply shooshed him as I pushed him into my closet and quickly shut the door.

"Anna?" Charlie asked me as he walked inside my room.

"Hey." I say as I try not to look at my closet door.

"Are you hanging out with Owen?" Charlie asks me softly.

"What? Why would I be hanging out with Owen?" I ramble nervously as I lean my back against the closet.

"Because he's your friend and his car is outside." Charlie replies playfully as he laughs at me.

"Oh yeah... well Madi is also going to be there so it's just a couple of friends hanging out." I stutter as I nod my head awkwardly.

I can hear Owen laughing from inside the closet and I start laughing loudly to cover up the noise he is making.

"Are you feeling okay?" Charlie asks me softly.

"I'm fine... couldn't be better." I reply nervously.

"You know that you can trust me.... right Anna?" Charlie asks me softly.

"Yeah... why?" I ask him nervously.

"I just want you to know that if Owen ever try's to like I don't know..... you know....." Charlie mumbles as he makes gestures with his hands.

I give him a confused look because I have no idea what he is talking about.

"If he ever try's to touch you in a weird way.... you can tell me." Charlie says awkwardly.

I hear a loud laugh come from the closet causing me to kick the door.

"Owen wouldn't.... we both know he would never do anything like that." I reply sharply.

"Yeah I know.... I don't know... I just worry about you." Charlie replies softly.

"Owen doesn't even see me like that.....this conversation was great.... okay bye." I mumble as I push him out the door.

I sigh as I close my door and lock it. I hear the closet door open as Owen starts laughing loudly.

"Oh Anna let me touch you." He says sarcastically causing me to roll my eyes at him.

"Shut up." I mumble as my face gets red.

"We aren't even dating yet and the idiot is already talking about whether or not I am touching you." Owen says playfully.

"Yet?" I ask him curiously.

"What?" He replies softly.

"You said we aren't dating yet." I tell him as I raise my eyebrow at him.

"I don't think I said that." Owen replies nervously.

"I think you did." I reply sharply.

"Wow....look at the time we better get going." Owen mumbles as he grabs my arm and drags me out the door.

"Woah you are touching my arm I better tell Charlie." I say sarcastically causing Owen to roll his eyes.

Owen pulls me by my waist and pushes my up against the wall. His face was inches away from mine as his body was pressed against mine. I give him a confused look but he puts his finger over his mouth. I hear footsteps walking in the other direction.

"Do you wanna explain to Charlie how I got into your house?" Owen whispers to me.

I shake my head as he releases his grip from my waist and pushes himself away from the wall. I feel myself release the breath I was holding as I follow behind the blonde haired boy. We both sneak out of the house without Charlie seeing us.

"What took you so long? we're you doing something in Annas bedroom?" Madi asks us playfully causing me to smack her arm.

_______________________________
I really enjoyed writing this chapter hahah 😂