Chapter Fifteen

Anna's POV

I felt my breath get caught in my throat as I stared into his eyes. His eyes flickered to my lips as I felt his hands on my waist. Our eyes met again and a smile formed on his face.

"Hi." He whispered softly.

"You did not just say hi." I mumble in disbelief as I laugh and quickly get off of him.

"I don't.... whatever." Owen stuttered as he was clearly flustered.

"Dang it I really thought you guys were gonna kiss!" Madi yelled scaring the crap out of me.

She was sitting on the porch eating her donut as she stared at us. I quickly got up and started sprinting at her causing her to scream and run away.

"Why were you watching us?" I yell.

"Because no guy is falling in love with me so I have to live through you!" She yelled as a laugh left her lips.

"Well... me and Owen aren't like that." I reply sharply.

"Shut up and go back out there." Madi told me as she pushed me out the door.

"Will you stop watching us?" I ask her sharply.

"Maybe." She replies playfully.

I sat back down next to Owen.

"Who got donuts?" I hear Charlie ask as he walks outside.

I mentally want to slap him for being there. I should have kissed Owen when I had the chance.

"Aww owen... you got a picnic blanket and donuts just for me... you are the best." Charlie says playfully as he lays down on the blanket directly between me and Owen.

Owen raises his eyes at Charlie causing me to laugh. Charlie stuffed the donut in his mouth causing Owen to shake his head.

"I think I'm going to go inside." Owen says as he gestures for me to come with him.

"Yeah I'll go check on Jermey." I say softly as I follow Owen inside.

"Let me guess... you guys are hiding from Charlie and Madi." Jermey says playfully as he looks at both of us.

"Yea." Owen replies playfully.

"There's a wii in my bedroom if you guys wanna play that... I'll pretend I don't know where you are." Jermey tells as he laughs at us.

Owen grabs my head and leads me to Jeremys room.

"Can we play just dance?" I asked Owen in a hopeful tone as I scanned through all the games.

"Yeah but after that I get to pick a game." Owen replied playfully.

The game started and me and Owen were dancing so hard the whole room was shaking.

"Hahah! I'm winning!" Owen yelled as he started to take the lead.

"This game is rigged... I'm putting my heart and soul into this performance and it's not giving me the points I deserve." I reply playfully.

"You were the one who wanted to play it." Owen said as he laughed at me.

Owen beat me causing me to roll my eyes. I sat down on the bed as Owen did a victory dance. I tried not to laugh as he jumped around the room but he looked so stupid I had to laugh at him.

"I am an amazing dancer so don't feel bad that you lost." Owen tells me playfully.

"Shut up." I reply playfully.

"Can we play Mario kart now?" Owen asked me softly.

"Yea." I say as I laugh at him.

We were playing Mario kart and I was really bad at it.

"Ahhh!! Im going the wrong way... Oop and I'm in the lake. How the heck are you in first place?" I asked him disbelief.

"I just overlapped you." He said as he laughed at me.

"Somebody just ran into me.. that was rude" I say sharply as I steer my person into a wall.

"Wow you are awful... here just let me help you." Owen said softly.

He places his hands on top of mine on the remote. The second his hands touch mine I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach. He moved the remote back and forth as his hands stayed on mine. He helped me go the correct way and not run into walls. I glanced down at his hands on mine and I felt my heart flutter.

"Crap." Owen mumbled as a person ran into my character.

Owen moved closer to me in order to see my remote causing his leg to be pressed against mine.

"You have to hold this button down to go backwards when you run into a wall." He tells me as he gently moves my finger to the button.

"Okay." I reply softly as I keep my eyes on him.

He kept helping me get my car to the finish line and I realized he lost the race in order to help me not get last place.

"Yay... you got second to last... it still counts because it wasn't last place." Owen says proudly causing me to laugh.

His hand was still over mine on the remote. He awkwardly removed his hand from mine and went back to his remote.

"We could play..." Before I had time to react Owen grabbed my face gently and placed his lips on mine.

I was caught very off guard by it but quickly kissed him back. Owen placed his hand on my waist as he deepened the kiss sending sparks through my body.

"Are you guys playing Mario kart?" I hear Charlie yell.

Me and Owen quickly pull away and I turn to see Charlie staring at us. He looked so confused and upset.

"What... I.... my fricking sister... really....I can't do this." Charlie mumbled as he quickly walked away.

Owen gave him a concerned look as he started following him.

"Charlie!" Owen yelled as he chased after him.

"Leave me alone... I don't want to talk to you right now." Charlie told him sharply as he stormed out of the house slamming the door on the way out.

"I finished making the eggs." Jermey said softly as he walked into the room.

He took one look at me and Owens upset faces and quickly walked back into the kitchen.

_______________________________
Charlie saw them kiss 😳