Chapter twenty seven

Anna's POV

After getting Owen a bandaid we both headed in opposite directions of target as Owen couldn't stop laughing his butt off. I sighed as I quickly headed into the little girl section. I scanned the items for anything completely and utterly dumb. I found a really sparkly shirt that sound "sweet and sparkly" and I instantly grabbed it. I also saw a huge tutu that was pink and sparkly. I grabbed some pink pants to complete the look but I still felt like I was missing something. I noticed a rack of jojo siwa bows and I grabbed a bright blue one with sparkles on it. I laughed as I examined my outfit and started looking for Owen.

"Boo!" Owen yelled as he touched my shoulders.

My body jolted due to me being startled by him. I hid my clothes behind my back as we both gave each other mischievous smiles.

"You are going to look amazing in the outfit I bought you." I say playfully as I reveal the whole outfit.

"Woah....that is a lot." He mumbles as he widens his eyes.

Owen laughs as he shakes his head. He also had his hands behind his back.

"Let me say one thing.... before I..... let me just show you." Owen says as he starts laughing.

I feel nervous as he reveals what was in his right hand. My mouth falls open in shock as I stare at the item in his hand.

"Owen Patrick Joyner!" I practically scream at him.

He was holding up a set of black lingerie.

"It was a joke!" Owen says frantically as he reveals his other hand that had a shark onsie in it

"That's not funny." I say sharply as my face gets red.

"I'm putting it back right now!" Owen yells as he practically sprints away.

I sigh as I run a hand through my hair. He's one of a kind that's for sure. He came back only holding the onsie.

"Let's buy these and then get changed." I tell Owen.

We buy the clothes and then get changed in the bathroom. Owen walks out wearing the outfit I bought him and I almost pee my pants at the sight of him. The shirt was way too small causing it to practically be a crop top. The tutu was so sparky and big. He was holding the bow in his hand as he rolled his eyes at me.

"I can't even put this in my hair." He mumbles as he hands the bow to me.

I sigh dramatically as he tilts his head down so I can put the bow in his hair.

"There you go." I mumble causing him to stand back up.

His eyes locked with mine for a split second sending chills through my body. He looked me up and down as he examined my outfit.

"You actually look adorable." He says softly as he gestures to my onesie.

"Thank you." I reply softly.

"I was told by some bossy girl to give the dumbest dressed people in the store this letter." A random guy says to us as he hands us a letter.

I start laughing as Owen just makes a face at me. I start reading the next letter to Owen.

I wish I could see how dumb you guys look right now. Now that you are all dressed up your next destination is a place where people get up on stage to sing horribly. Last time we went there Charlie snapped Owens neck.

- mads

"That karaoke place we all went to after work one day." Owen says as he peers over my shoulder.

I look over at him and I can't stop laughing.

"I can't take you serious in that." I say as I struggle to breathe.

Owen snatches the note out of my hand as he walks out of target.

"Let's not get run over by a car this time." Owen says playfully as we start walking away from target.

"I didn't get run over.... I almost did....there is a huge difference." I reply playfully.

I notice people in their cars giving Owen weird looks causing me to laugh. I noticed Owens abs are very visible due to the shirt being so small causing my eyes to widen as I quickly look away from him.

"This outfit is tight." Owen complains.

"My outfit is cozy." I reply playfully as I nudge his arm.

"Yeah because I picked it out and I am a great person." Owen says as he winks at me.

"Says the guy who wanted me to wear lingerie!" I yell at him.

"That...... that was a joke." Owen replies defensively.

"Whatver." I mumble as we reach the karaoke place.

"I really have to go in there dressed like this?" Owen asks me in disbelief.

"Unless you would rather go in naked." I reply playfully as I push open the door.

"I bet you would love to see that." He replies sarcastically.

I pretend to gag as I look away from him. The karaoke place was packed causing Owen to groan and me to smile. I noticed a familiar envelope taped on one of the walls. I quickly grabbed it and showed it to Owen.

Okay rockstars let's see how much confidence you really have when you are with each other. Pick a duet to sing and get up in front of everyone and sing it for them. Normally this would be easy for you guys but I'm assuming you look dumb right now which may make it harder.

- love Mads

"You know what..... this is your fault." Owen says sharply as he nudges my shoulder.

"How?" I ask him playfully.

"You chose this ridiculous outfit for me." Owen says playfully.

"And I'd do it again." I reply sharply as I weave through the crowd of people.

Everyone kept giving Owen dirty looks as we made our way up to the stage.

"We would like to sing a duet..... I see the light from tangled." I tell the guy who was working the karaoke machine.

He nods as he gives Owen a weird look. Owen takes off the bow and sets it down on a table as we wait for our turn. After a couple people went who sang out of key me and Owen were up. I could tell Owen was nervous. I gently grabbed his hand and gave it a soft squeeze.

"Just pretend it's just you and me up there. Nobody else watching." I tell him softly.

He nods his head as he follows me up to the stage. We both stood by the microphones set up for us. The song started and it was my part so I started singing. The whole place got quiet as all eyes were on me but the only pair of eyes I cared about were Owens. I looked over at him as our eyes met. I couldn't bring myself to break eye contact with him as he started singing. His voice sounded beautiful as his eyes stayed locked on me. We both sang together as our voices blending perfectly together. Owen pulled the microphone off of the stand as he walked closer to me. Our microphones were now touching as we sang our hearts out. Our eyes had remained on one another the entire time. I looked up at Owen as his face was inches apart from mine as our voices got soft as the song ended. The crowd cheered loudly but my eyes only stayed on Owen. His eyes flickered to my lips before he quickly took a step back and finally broke eye contact with me.

"You Uh.... you killed that." Owen stutters as he refuses to make eye contact with me.

_______________________________
I wanna sing with Owen 🥺