Chapter twenty five

(I can't remember if I ever said thanks for 100k reads you are all the best and I love your comments 🥰🥰)

Anna's POV

I haven't seen Owen in a week and they haven't needed me on set so there was no reason for me to have to see him. Me and Charlie haven't said a word about him. We act as if nothing happened. Owen tried to text me over and over again but I didn't reply or even look at the texts twice.

"Madi told me to give you this." Charlie tells me softly.

He hands me a light blue envelope decorated with many stickers.

"She couldn't send a text?" I ask him playfully.

He shrugs as he walks out of the room. I opened the letter revealing a note.

Hey girly, I know that you feel really down so how about a night on the town. (Wow look at me rhyming) we can eat our feelings away and forget about (we shall not say his name). Meet me at Sherberts ice cream shop on Maine street.

Love Madi.

I smiled as I read the letter. I needed a night out with Madi to take Owen off of my mind. I got dressed in a cute outfit and headed out the door. I brought the letter with me as I waited outside the little ice cream shop. I glanced down at the letter as I heard a set of footsteps walking towards me. I look up expecting Madi but my eyes widen in horror as they land on a familiar blonde haired boy.

"Anna?" Owen whispers in disbelief.

His hair was messy and his eyes were very red.

"What are you doing here? Madi told me I was hanging out with her." I reply sharply.

"Madi told me to meet her here." Owen mumbles softly.

"You look nice." Owen says awkwardly as I refuse to meet his gaze.

I look down at Owens hand that was holding an envelope that looked identical to mine. I sigh in disbelief as I shake my head.

"She set us up." I mumble in disbelief as I angrily run a hand through my hair.

"Maybe it's not a bad thing." Owen says in a hopeful tone.

I simply glare at him as I shake my head.

"This just gives you more time to shatter my heart." I huff as I aggressively open the door to the ice cream place.

I just needed some ice cream to ease the pain of being with Owen. Owen immediately followed after me.

"Look Anna.... I'm sorry.... I didn't mean anything I said." Owen pleads with me.

I pretend to ignore him as I order my ice cream cone. The lady hands me my ice cream and a envelope the same color of the ones me and Owen both previously received from Madi. I laugh hysterically as I show Owen the envelope.

"Madi never knows when to stop does she?" I reply sharply.

"Why don't we open it and see what she has in store for us?" Owen says playfully.

My eyes meet his for the first time that night causing my heart to burn. I wanted to cry at the thought of him saying our kisses meant nothing to him. I know he doesn't like me back but I can't help how I feel.

"You can open it.... I'm going home." I say sharply as I shove the envelope onto his chest and storm out of the ice cream store.

Owen quickly followed after me.

"You have every right to be mad at me.... I messed up!" Owen yells at me.

I stop walking as I turn to face him.

"You have told Charlie twice now that you don't like me and that everytime you kiss me it means nothing and that's fine..... so just leave me alone!" I yell at him.

Owens face softens as he looks upset. I roll my eyes as I turn away from him.

"I lied...... I lied to Charlie because I knew if I told him the truth he would kill me!" Owen yells as his voice cracks causing me to stop walking.

I turn to face him as a flicker of hope entered my heart.

"What is the truth?" I ask him softly.

Owen nervously runs a hand through his hair.

"Can we just read this stupid letter and spend time together? I miss you Anna. This whole week has been hell. I miss my best friend." Owen tells me truthfully.

I remember the reason why I have been ignoring Owen which made my heart hurt but I also remembered all the times we had spent together. My heart couldn't stand not being around him. I sighed as I gave in and quickly walked over to him. I grabbed the letter out of his hand as I quickly opened it. A smile formed on Owens face as I stood beside him. I read the letter out loud to Owen.

Hey, please don't kill me. The fact that you are reading this means that you aren't trying to kill one another which is great. Love is not dead and I will make sure of that. To find the next letter go to the place where it all started

- mads

"The place where it all started?" Owen mumbles curiously.

I look up at him as his eyes meet mine sending chills through my body.

"The first day on set." I reply playfully.

"It's actually not far from here. We can walk." Owen says playfully.

He starts running causing me to laugh.

"I missed that sound." Owen says softly causing my face to get red.

"Why are we running!" I scream as I follow close behind him.

"Because I'm impatient!" Owen replies playfully.

I catch up to him as I run beside him. I couldn't stop laughing as I looked over at Owen. He kept making funny faces as the wind blew his hair all around.

"I hate how I can't stay mad at you!" I yell as I start to get out of breath.

"I guess I have that affect over people." Owen replies playfully causing me to smack his arm.

"I missed you.... as a friend of course." I reply playfully.

We arrive on set and sure enough there was a letter taped to the front door.

"Remember when we met.... it was right here.... I was fighting with Charlie over something dumb and you defended me. You didn't even know me and yet you were on my side. You probably thought I was so annoying." I mumble as I grab the envelope off of the door.

"I actually thought you were stubborn..... but you were adorable when you fought with Charlie. I was also struck by how beautiful you were." Owen mumbles softly as I feel his eyes on me.

I felt butterflies enter my stomach as I turn to meet his eyes.

"Well I thought you were a loser when I met you." I reply sarcastically as I quickly look away from him.

Owen laughs as he peers over my shoulder at the envelope.

_____________________________
Madi do be a queen for doing this 😘