Chapter fourteen

Anna's POV

I open my eyes as a yawn leaves my mouth. I notice Madi and Charlie passed out on the couch next to me. I noticed Owen was no longer next to me. We must have all fell asleep during the movie. I heard noises coming from the kitchen.

"Good morning." Jermey whispers as he peeks his head into the living room.

I smile at him as I run a hand through my very messy hair.

"Good morning." I mumble as my voice sounds very tired.

"I'm making breakfast." Jermey tells me as he walks back into the kitchen.

I looked around trying to figure out where Owen was.

"Hey Jer! Where is Owen?" I ask him as curiosity got the better of me.

"No clue." Jermey replies honestly.

I sigh as I laid my tired head back on the couch and started scrolling through my phone.

"Psst." A voice whispers as they walk inside the house.

I turn my attention to see Owen standing by the door.

"What are you doing?" I ask him loudly as a laugh leaves my mouth.

"Shhh.... just come with me." Owen says playfully as he gestures for me to walk over to him.

"Where are we going? I'm still in my clothes from the other night." I complain as I walk over to him.

"You look great... plus it's not like we are going to a public place." Owen says playfully.

"Let me just brush my teeth and change into something else real quick." I tell Owen as I go into the bathroom.

I borrowed one of Owens sweatshirts and I ran my fingers through my messy hair. I brushed my teeth and then quickly walked back out to Owen. He had a bag in his one hand and grabbed my hand with the other. He led me outside and the second my eyes met the sun I had to blink a million times.

"Ow." I groan as my head starts pounding.

Owen leads me into Jeremys back yard.

"Woah... Jeremys back yard... so cool." I say sarcastically.

"Shut up." Owen replies playfully as he nudges my arm.

I notice a picnic blanket set up in Jermeys back yard. Owen placed his bag down on the blanket and sat down on it. He motioned towards the spot next to him as he gestured for me to sit down. I smile as I sit down next to him.

"And.... I got donuts." Owen says proudly as he pulls a box of donuts out of his bag.

"Did you do this just for me?" I ask him softly.

"Yeah." Owen says as he smiles at me.

I feel my heart quicken as I feel his eyes on me.

"Alrighty... I got a bunch of different types of donuts because I didn't know which one you would like." Owen says as he opens the box.

My eyes land on a sprinkle one with vanilla frosting and I quickly grab it.

"How did I somehow know you were going to pick that one?" Owen asks as he laughs.

"Because you know me really well." I reply playfully.

Owen eats his donut as we talk about the most random things. I liked talking to him... I felt like I could tell him anything. Owen laid down on the blanket and I laid my head on his chest.

"Did you know that I can stare at the sun for ten minutes?" Owen asks me playfully.

"No you can't.... that's a lie." I reply sharply as I feel his stomach rise as he laughs with me.

"Bet... I'll show you." Owen says playfully.

I turn my body around so I can see his face. He stared straight at the sun for like five seconds and quickly looks away. His eyes were already watering causing me to laugh.

"Yeah I was joking." Owen says as he laughs.

I shake my head as I lie my head back down on his chest.  I feel him run his fingers through my hair sending sparks through my body.

"Thanks for doing this...and going out of your way to buy me food." I tell him as a smile rests on my face.

"No problem... I would do anything for you." He says softly.

I feel his heart starting to beat quickly as I turn my head around to face him. I rest my chin on his chest causing him to laugh as he continued to run his hands through my hair. I looked up at the sky at all the clouds.

"What are you doing?" I ask Owen playfully as I feel his eyes on me.

"Just looking at you." He replies softly.

"Creepy." I say sarcastically as I hide my face in his chest.

"Just admiring a work of art." Owen says sarcastically causing me to sit up and shove his arm.

"Shut up." I mumble playfully.

"Make me." He replies playfully.

I feel his arms wrap around my waist as he starts tickling my sides. My laugh echoed through Jeremys back yard as I tried to pry Owens grip off of me.

"I can't breathe." I squeal as I continue laughing.

He stops tickling me as I take deep breaths.

"You have the most adorable laugh." He tells me.

I feel my face get hot as I turn my head to look at him. Our eyes lock as we both take a deep breath. His face seemed to glowing in the sunlight. He brought his hand up to my face as he gently caressed my cheek.

"You got donuts!" A voice yelled causing us to quickly break eye contact.

"Not for you!" Owen replied sharply.

We turned around and noticed Madi standing on Jeremys back porch. She quickly ran over to us causing me to laugh.

"Go away." Owen told her in disbelief.

She shook her head as she stole two donuts while Owen glared at her. I laughed as I watched my best friend quickly run back inside with her stolen donuts.

"I don't think we will ever get a moment alone." Owen says playfully.

"Not while Madi is still alive." I tell him as a laugh leaves my mouth.

"That can be arranged." He says sarcastically causing my mouth to drop open.

I push his chest catching him very off guard as he fell onto his back with me on his chest. Our faces were inches apart as our eyes met once again.

______________________________
Madi would be my single ass if my friend was hanging with a guy💀💀