Always by Moonlight

Always by Moonlight

I needed to escape this place all those girls they were never going to leave but I was. My head hurt and everything was sore but I stayed focused. I got up and snuck over to the door. I made sure the guard wasn't looking then I ran like there was no tomorrow into the woods and I needed to escape. I couldn't remember my name anymore everything was gone I was nobody but I wasn't going to be his pet anymore. My neck hurt it was bleeding like crazy still. I suddenly ran into someone. " I'm sorry", I said wiping my tears away.

" Hey are you okay?", the boy asked kneeling down.

" Where is the redhead?", I heard my master say. My breath picked up and my stomach was doing flips.

 " Come with me", the boy offered. I nodded and he helped me up and we ran off. He stopped once we got to a small hut.

" Where are we?", I asked.

 " This is my house you'll be safe here", he assured me. Suddenly someone bit into my leg and I screamed.

" Damien you idiot", the boy yelled.

" Oops", the guy said pulling away.

" My head it...", I said then past out.

I woke up from my dream and looked around at my room. It had been ten years since that day I was sixteen now and all my marks had healed. I lived with the Darwins now a family of werewolves. I was a werewolf too after Damien's mistake. His younger brother and my best friend, Harry was my age and we were close. Damien and I weren't friends in fact we were nemesis at school and at home. I had a new name now Mandy Darwin I couldn't even remember my old life or name. I found out that my capturer had been a vampire. Anyways back to reality I was getting dressed while my new little sister continued to sleep. I got dressed in a red halter top and some dark blue jeans since it was summer and almost the end of school. I went out to the kitchen for breakfast.

 " Hey  troublemaker", Harry said looking up as I entered the room.

" Hey wolfie", I said sitting up on a breakfast stool and took my cup of coffee.

" How'd you sleep?", he asked scrambling the eggs with ham bits in it.

" Great you?", I asked curiously.

" Awesome", he said flipping the pancakes.

 " I really need to start taking foods class", I said looking at the cooking food.

" Good idea Miss. I Can't Boil Water", a familiar annoying voice sneered.

" This coming from the boy who cried wolf", I said harshly.

" Ha ha not funny", he said sitting on the other stool.

We ate our breakfast in silence then Harry drove me to school while Damien drove himself.

" I heard that Eve is free", I said calmly. " Really", Harry said hopefully. Eve Livingston was the most popular girl in school and Harry had a huge crush on her.

" You should ask her out?", I suggested.

" Amanda I'm a geek she's a popular", he sighed.

" Harry Darwin do I have to give you the speech again", I said annoyed.

" No ma'am", he said.

" Fine then don't sell yourself short", I snapped.

" I won't wolf girl", he assured me.

" By the way Damien stole my wallet", I said looking up from my purse where my wallet was supposed to be.

 " Not again please don't go all wolfy at school mom will ground both of you again and we won't be able to go the dance", he complained.

" Fine I'll break his nose at the dance then take back my wallet", I said cheerfully.

" See it all worked", he said as we pulled in at school. I nodded and got out and headed over to my friends.

" Hey Mandy", Christie said hugging me excitedly.

" Hey Chris how's it going?", I said happily.

" She's great her boyfriend is loyal but mine is a cheating bastard", Dana said angrily.

" He's an idiot then", I said hugging her next.

" You've got that right", she said cheering up.

" Come on we'll skip today and go cheer you up", I said smugly.

" I'm in", Jessica said hoisting up her backpack.

" Us too", the twins Haley and Vanessa said skipping over.

" Good then lets go the dance is tonight we need manicures", I said clapping my hands together. We headed off towards town and I didn't see Damien or Harry so I was safe. We went down to the salon and I got my hair dyed a dark red. I got a mani-pedi and then we went out shopping for clothes for the dance. We hooked up my iPod and danced around in the clothes.

" Thank god I keep my money in my shoe", I said pulling it out.

 " Good idea", Vanessa agreed. I put my sunglasses on covering my big brown eyes.

" Amy", a familiar voice said.

" Kat what are you doing here", I said hugging her back.

" Damien brought me here mom and dad went on their cruise", she said carelessly.

" Damien shit where did you see him last", I said ducking down, " if he finds out I skipped I'm so grounded".

 " Why?", Dana asked.

" Because while mom and dad are gone he's head of the house", I explained.

" That sucks", Christie said thoughtfully.

" Tell me about it now Kat we need a diversion", I whispered.

" Nose bleed or broken leg", she asked pulling out a ketchup condiment.

" Both", I said, " get him in the ladies room for twenty minutes".

" Run like hell", she smiled then ran off.

 " You have the weirdest family in history", Haley said looking after her.

" Hey Henry the Eighth's family was way more messed up", I said defensively.

" Since do you go to History class", Christie asked confused.

" I didn't there was this TV series called the Tudors never mind lets get out of here", I said focusing. We paid then snuck out and walked over to the beach where all the other skippers were hanging out.

" Darwin nice to see you", Shelly said walking over. Shelly was another friend one that liked school.

" Nice to see you too Shelly", I said taking the beer she offered.

" Ian's here", she said excitedly.

" Oh really", I said taking my sunglasses off.

" Be a good girl Manny", Vanessa teased.

" Always", I said giving her a wink. I separated from them and went off to find Ian.

" Hey handsome", I said with a smile as he saw me.

" If it isn't my favourite redhead", he said wrapping an arm around me and kissing me.

 " We should say hello like this all the time", I said kissing him.

" Want to go somewhere quiet", he asked.

" Sure thing", I smirked.

" Come on then", he said pulling me away.

Comment, vote, read PLEASE!!!