Always By Moonlight Chapter 8

For the next couple days I got used to life in a house again. It was nice to have people to care for me again. Damien and I didn't talk most of the time. I hung out with Harry most of the time and spent nights playing games and telling stories with Kat. Mom and dad went about as per usual and it was like the last few weeks never happened. I hadn't heard from Bane or any of others which now that I thought probably wasn't a good thing. Today Kat and I went out in wolf form to go hunting. We messed around playfully as we ran. I felt Damien and Harry's minds join. " I'm beating you", Kat thought. " Oh yeah take that", I thought knocking her over and run on.

" Cheater", she said chasing me. " Hee hee", I thought happily. I ran into a large clearing and laid down and waited for the others. " Attack", Kat said pouncing on me. We played around while the boys caught up. " You guys are such pups", Damien said shaking his big head. " Come on bro they're having fun", Harry said, " dog pile". He jumped on top and we all laughed. We got up and messed around Damien showed us how to fight. " Kat stop spinning in circles", he commanded. " So dizzy", she said falling onto her back. " Hey watch this", I said jumping up and breaking off a branch then threw it hard into a tree. It left a mark and Harry and Kat barked in approval. " Good job now try that on a vampire", Damien approved.

" Here's your chance", Harry thought his nose up in air. I sniffed and caught the scent and growled lowly. " Should we run?", Kat thought nervously.

" No they haven't caught our scents yet get up in the trees. The trees around here were low and easy to climb into. I ducked low and kept quiet keeping Kat down beside me. I saw the vampires enter the clearing. " Where are all the deer?", I heard Aidan say.

" This place stinks", one of the others said. " Why didn't Bane come?", Miranda asked. " He's off looking for Leslie she got released but they don't know who released her", Leo said.

" I'm thirsty and all the humans in this town carry mace thanks to his dog", Miranda sighed. " I still think sedating her is the only solution", Leo said annoyed. " Okay Amanda do your trick", Damien thought. " I'm on it", I said quietly breaking off a branch. I threw it at one of the guards and it knocked him down. " What the-", Miranda said shocked. " NOW", Damien thought and we all jumped out attacking the guards. " I knew this place smelled funny", Miranda yelled.

" Why didn't you say it smelled like wolf", the guard I was ripping up yelled. " Wait a minute Leo try that trick you've been working on", Aidan yelled. Suddenly my head was splitting open and I felt someone stab something into my leg. I snapped at him and the pain increased. " Wait a minute the red one let me see it", Aidan said. " Oh this is rich", Miranda laughed. I felt the sedative start to work as I closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes I was in some kind a bunk bed there were other girls here humans. I wasn't wearing anything under the blanket so I grabbed a bathrobe I spotted by the bathroom. I remembered this place this was where the Winstons kept their experiments. I snuck over to the door and pulled a pin out of my hair. I messed around with the lock until I'd broken it. I heard some of the girls waking up. I felt the door and went back and sat on my bed.

" Leslie when did you get back", Wendy asked. " I'm not sure", I said yawning.

" Bane's been looking for you", Harriet said sitting cross-legged on her bed.

" Yeah I know which is why I have to run again", I sighed. " Can we go with you this time", Fiona begged. " Sure but it's going to wait until night when they're asleep", I said quietly. " Georgina got picked for Aidan's mate", Daphne said seriously. " You okay Georgie", I asked sitting down next to her. " He's so cruel he's almost as bad as Bane and worse than Whytt", she said tears falling down her face. " It's going to be okay", I assured her. " Since when do you talk so much", Fiona asked. " Didn't they tell you I'm a wolfie now", I said cheerily. " You're a werewolf", Georgie said excitedly. " Yep", I said proudly.

" That is so cool", Fiona said happily.

" I know right", I smiled. " So what are we going to do?", Wendy asked. " Run as soon as we can", I shrugged. " Why are you wearing a bathrobe", Harriet asked. " It's a long story", I said.

" We've got time", Georgie said and with that I launched into the tale.