Always By Moonlight Chapter 4

We got back to the house and set our friends in the guest house. I went inside the main house and made some lunch, nachos and cheese. Everyone ate then the vampires went out to find some deer to suck dry and the sorcerers went out to town along with most of the werewolves. Jordan still hadn't arrived yet but Damien wasn't worried so neither was I. Harry, Damien, Kat and I were the only ones home. Harry was playing Rock Band, Damien was watching the news and I was chatting with my friends while Kat messed around in her room. I gave her some stuff to do and gave her her supper then left again. " Can't you stay with me Amy", she asked. " I'm sorry hon but I don't have time right now be in bed by nine", I said kissing her on the cheek. " But you will tell me a story right", she said worried. " Sure kiddo", I said then left. I had to help Harry bring groceries in after he got back from shopping and by the time we were done it was ten. I went into mine and Kat's room only Kat wasn't there. I looked around panicked. I ran outside and caught her scent and followed. I found her in her favorite clearing crying.  

" Kat", I said entering the clearing.  

" You promised", she cried. " I know I'm sorry sweetheart it won't happen again but we need to get home I'll tell you a story and I'll even let you have some pop", I said sitting down next to her and rubbing her back. " Thank you", she said hugging me and crying. " Isn't that touching Leo", a familiar voice said and vampires entered along with a few sorcerers. " Aidan", I said standing up and hiding Kat behind me. " Leslie", he smiled. " It's Amanda actually what are you doing here?", I said seriously.  

" You need to come home you're being ridiculous", Leo explained. " I'm being ridiculous this whole thing is ridiculous isn't it", I snorted. " That doesn't change the facts you know where you belong", Aidan said coming closer.  

" I belong with my family now if any of you move one more step you're going to regret it", I said harshly. " Be reasonable and we'll let the girl go", Aidan said coolly and I saw Leo take a step. " I warned you", I said then I nodded to Kat and we changed. " Les I don't want to hurt you but you're being unreasonable", he said. I growled and showed my teeth keeping them away from the small gray wolf behind me. 

" Fine have it your way", he sighed and I saw more vampires enter the clearing. " Amy what do we do?", Kat asked. " Howl", I thought quickly. We both lifted our heads up and howled warning the others that we were in trouble. " Grab the big one and kill the little one", Aidan ordered. I snarled and snapped at the vampires who tried to touch either of us.

A vampire tried to grab me then suddenly a large brown figure knocked the men down. I sent Kat off to get the others and I stayed fighting off the vampires that got past the first wolf. One of them pulled out a needle and another wolf knocked him down and ripped his neck open. " About time", I thought as Damien finished the guy off. " Hey troublemaker", Harry thought as he played with some of the other men. Our other friends joined us and there was around fifteen of us more than enough to take the men out. The vampires treated and we headed back home I walked with Kat and Harry while Damien walked with the big brown wolf. " Is that Jordan", I asked Damien. " Yeah", he thought as we walked. " Kat still want that pop", I thought. " You bet", she touchy excitedly. " Kat you're grounded now too like Harry and Amanda", Damien thought seriously. " Yes sir", Harry, Kat and I thought. Once we got home Kat and I went into our room and got dressed. I put a white lacey nightgown and a crystal blue satin housecoat. Kat was wearing her Tinker bell nightie and some bunny slippers. I made her and me some slushies and made some s'mores in the microwave. I had a Orange crush slushy and a Sprite one for me. We were drinking them when we heard someone enter.

" Amanda right", a deep voice said.  

" Jordan", I said without looking at him, " thanks for earlier". " No problem hey Kit Kat", he said sitting down next to Kat. " Hi Jordy", she smiled. " So how do you know Damien?", I asked finally looking at him. He was handsome with deep brown messy hair and dark green eyes. He was hotter then Damien and also not off limits.  

" He's my best friend how do you know him?", he asked casually. " It's a long story", I said honestly. " Come on Amy it can be my bedtime story", Kat asked excitedly. " Okay fine", I said then launched into the story. I did actions too adding humor and drama to the whole thing. They laughed at some of the pranks I pulled on Damien and clapped at the end when I bowed.  

" Wow", Jordan said, " that's some life". " Tell me about it now Kat it's time you go to bed", I said kissing her on the cheek. " Night sis", she said hugging me then went off to bed. " I'm sorry about all that stuff that happened", Jordan asked awhile later.  

" It's in the past", I shrugged. " I came to ask if you wanted a drink but I got distracted", he said putting a bottle of tequila on the counter. " Bring it on", I said putting two shot glasses on the counter. He smiled and poured tequila in the glasses. We talked while we drank about our lives. Apparently he had meet Damien when they were six an they had been friends ever since. I told him about my friends and school while he listened interested. I drank my last shot then we went into the living room and he put some music on as we sat down. I fidgeted then got up, " want to dance?" " Sure", he said taking my hand. We danced around laughing and stuff too it was almost as fun as with Kat. I liked Jordan he was fun and interesting and sorta mysterious which made him even more fascinating. He seemed to like me too he was all moody like Damien either. Once we got tired we sat on the floor with pillows and watched TV. " Why is Damien such an ass most of the time?", I asked curiously. " Because of Miranda", he said seriously. " Who's Miranda?", I asked confused. " She was my mate", I heard Damien say sitting on the couch. " I thought you didn't have a mate", I said even more confused. " I don't anymore not since she died", he said sadly. " How did she die?", I asked.  

" Vampire attack", he said sadly. " They killed her", I said sitting up. " No they didn't", he said thoughtfully, " Bane won't let them". " Bane, why not?", I said uncertainly. " Because he had thing for her", he explained. " So he turned her", Jordan said. " Oh god I'm sorry Damien I didn't know", I said miserably. " She chose him even though he had a mate she became his blood whore", he said mostly to himself. A blood whore was a vampire who was marked and gave their lives, bodies and blood to their masters. " What do you mean he had a mate", I asked. " Some girl from home", he said distractedly. " When was this", I asked. " Around ten years ago", he said offhand. I counted back then suddenly a memory flashed through my head. " All mine", he had whispered. " Let me go", I begged. " Shh don't speak princess just hold still", he whispered. I had laid perfectly still as he bit into my neck and cut something into my arm. I took my housecoat off and saw the half moon on my shoulder. I recovered it before anyone saw. " I'm still sorry she chose wrong", I said sadly. " It's good that I let it go it's kind of a relief and thanks for not crying", he said brushing it off. " No problem you guys want to watch Lost Boys", I asked. " How about Dracula", Harry suggested walking in. I put Dracula and ate popcorn while we watched. I fell asleep during the credits and one of them must have carried me to my room because in the morning I woke up in my room. I still couldn't believe it I was Bane's mate or that the reason Damien had bitten me was because he was angry about Miranda, god I was screwed up.