Chapter Four

Harry stands with Dani as she packs up her things at the end of class, he wanted to talk to her about her dreams. She figures as much. Who wouldn't want to know if the resident Gryffindor seer has seen everything that has happened in the last two years? And they would want to know why said seer hasn't said anything about those dreams.

"Do you have those dreams every night?" Harry asks, Dani shakes her head.

"Not every night" She admits. "More so though...since coming here"

"Do you think that you dreamt of...." Harry starts, she hums and nods. Knows what he is asking about. If she has dreamt about the things he has been through.

"Yes," She admits. "But my dreams...I never know what they mean, not until it happens....that's...part of why I was looking forward to this class....a real chance to understand this...gift" She rolls her eyes.

"I'm sure you'll do great, Dani" Harry assures her. "This is part of who you are....you are not going to be given this gift just to be bad at it" She laughs a little and shakes her head.

"No" She agrees. "I guess not"

"Maybe there are more than you see," Trelawney tells her as she watches the two of them, Dani frowns at her. "Maybe you are focusing on the wrong things"

"Oh," She whispers, thoughtful. Trelawney might have a point, she always focuses on the centre of the dream, the centre of the picture, but there might be something in the corners, on the top, on the bottom. But the centre always draws her eye.

"Perhaps some extra classes," Trelawney tells her. "One on one tuition would be a good idea" Dani hums in agreement and then leaves the classroom with Harry, meeting up with Ron, Hermione and Neville waiting for them. Neville and Dani walk away together, leaving the trio to themselves.

"Did it help?" he asks her. Neville knew why Dani had wanted to take divination in the first place.

"Tea leaves isn't really the same as my dreams" She answers, he shakes his head in agreement. "I thought I would feel a connection or something, like something would snap into place"

"It's only been one class" He argues, she hums and then nods in agreement. He looks down a little and she touches his arm before she threads her fingers with his at his side.

"You are not worried about what she said about your grandmother are you?" She asks him, she knows how much that woman means to Neville, despite how strict she can be. He loves her.

"A little" He whispers.

"I think she will be fine, Neville" Dani offers, Neville looks at her. "I think your grandmother might just outlive us all" She teases, Neville smiles and then laughs a little. He squeezes her hand and leans against her slightly.

"It wouldn't surprise me" Neville agrees.

..............

Neville and Dani walk towards Hagrid's Hut, the rest of their class doing the same thing for their Care of Magical Creatures class. This is another one Dani has been looking forward to. This is something she has been looking forward to for a long time. Newt ignited that interest in her from a young age. Her father fanned that flame, being raised around dragons and other creatures made it an easy thing for Dani to fall in love with. Neville struggles to keep up with her, even with their hands joined together. Her excitement is infectious though. She has this way about her when she laughs and smiles. It's hard not to join in. It's hard not to feel lightened. But even her mood has it's limits. And that limit is Draco. She glares at Draco as he leans against the fence, waiting for his friend, he glares back at her, but there is amusement in his eyes too.

"Just ignore him," Neville tells her.

"It's hard to when his stupid face is always there" She grumbles, Neville watches her a little and gives her a look. "What?" She asks him.

"Nothing" He answers and glances at Draco who is still watching Dani. "Nothing" He repeats and looks back at Dani.