Prologue

Dani walks with Rolf both of whom push a luggage trolley filled up with trunks, on the top of Rolf's there is a cage holding Dior who appears as a golden owl. Ray walks on Dani's other side with his own trolley and leash in hand and on the other end Wisdom who is literally being dragged because the cat is so lazy it can't pick up its feet like a normal animal, behind them a black Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Drogon in muggle disguise, trots along beside Vis and behind them is Apollo, the family head through King's Cross Station. Dani's been waiting for this day since December. But it's finally happening. Today is the day they leave for Hogwarts. For Rolf and Ray, they've done this before, but for her, it's all-new, for Vis as well, though he is hiding his excitement. They approach a wall set between platforms 9 and 10. Rolf leads the way as he starts to pick up his pace before he is running forward, pushing his trolley, he runs head-on towards the brick wall before he disappears through it rather than hitting it. Ray is right behind him. Both having done this before. Apollo looks to the twins and nods for Vis to go first, Vis glances to Dani and then takes her hand, she looks surprised until he starts squeezing too hard.

"Ow" she complains pulling back and then reaching over to slap him, Apollo catches her hand and gives her a look, she looks down ashamed because she's not a violent person, Vis just seems to bring it out in her.

"I swear to Merlin sometimes..." Apollo states pulling Dani away from Vis. "We don't have time for this" he scolds. "Viserys...through the wall, now" Vis turns away and holds onto the handles of the trolley before he runs towards the wall, just like Rolf and Ray had done only moments before. Apollo kisses the back of Dani's hand and shakes his head a little as Vis disappears through the wall. Apollo picks up Drogon and then touches Dani's shoulder. "Your turn" he motions for her to go. Dani turns to the wall, gets her trolley lined up, takes a breath and runs at the wall. She shuts her eyes before she disappears through the wall.

Two Years Later:

A now thirteen-year-old Dani appears on the other side of platform 9 ¾. She's older, maybe a little wiser. She's started growing into her Shadow-Kissed appearance. Her white hair is on display in curls that bounce as she moves. Over the summer, like many of the girls in her year, she'd blossomed into puberty. She'd grown up a little. Drogon pokes his head up from where it rests on her hand, her arms wrapped around him to hold him.

"Are you ready for another year?" she asks, aware that the newer first years are whispering as they see Drogon. Most will have heard of her and her dragon companion from older siblings, from parents, but a few will never have seen a dragon before. Drogon yawns and snuggles into her arm. Dani turns to Vis who had joined her through the platform portal but he's already walking away from her, Dani lets out a sad breath watching as he disappears into the crowd towards the Slytherin's gathered, Draco specifically. Vis has pulled away more since the first year, since being placed in that house, since making friends with those people. And she misses him, which is silly because they were never that close to begin with. He's been more distant than ever at home. Draco greets Vis before looking up and across at Dani. His eyes meeting hers. He stares at her a moment, surprised by her maturing appearance. Whilst she does still have some baby fat in her cheeks she knows she is pretty, not as pretty as some of the other girls maybe but she is still, in her own way, pretty. Dani wrinkles her nose and turns away from Draco. Drogon roars in alarm as Neville hugs Dani from behind, knocking her forward a little, jolting Drogon from his sleep.

"Easy" Neville teases softly. "It's only me" Drogon pulls a face and hisses slightly before settling again. Dani turns to Neville and smiles. Their friendship is an easy one. He was the first to talk to her. Seemingly feeling indifferent about her hair or her eyes or her title as Shadow-Kissed.

"Hey, Neville" Dani greets softly.

"Dani" he hugs her again, properly this time, careful of the dragon in her arms. He pulls back. "How are you feeling about this year?" Neville asks her, she shrugs a little. Honestly, she's had an uneasy feeling about this year for a few weeks, a sick feeling in her stomach, and her dreams have been bad. Shroud in darkness and shadows, leaving her feeling tired and full of despair.

"Hopefully it will be quieter than the last two" She comments, Neville snorts a little in agreement.

"It's not like it can get any worse" He offers. "Last years really set the bar on bad, only way is up, that's the saying, right?" he asks her, she chuckles and nods.

"Yeah, things can only get better" The train's horn signals it's imminent departure. "Come on, before we make the same mistake as Potter and Weasley did last year," Dani tells Neville as she sets Drogon onto her trolley before pushing it towards the train, Neville following behind her with his own.