News

Readers

I love Dani and her story, but I just haven't felt like continuing it, mainly due to a number of reasons, but I was wondering if you guy would mind if I started again and refreshed it. It's been 4 1/2 years since I started Dani's story and I just feel like I could do better now. 

I would leave books one and two up as they are finished, I don't take down complete stories, even if the series has been stopped. 

There are a few ideas I have in the way of changes so far, mostly about her parentage. 

- If it remains a Draco pairing then obviously she can have no 'close' blood relatives to him. I know that's hard in the wizarding world because everyone can actually be linked to everyone else in some way. 

She keeps her appearance and her personality in all of these options because even with the family she had in this story she stood out and I liked that difference. 

- I want to obviously keep the dragon thing because it is such a big part of her personality, but I think I want to write it into the story. So maybe that first Christmas she can be gifted a dragon egg (or a petrified one) that will hatch either by the end of the year, during the summer between yr 1 and 2, or during yr 2. 

1. 

She still retains her Newt Scamander link as her grandfather, thinking through her mother, and then her father could be a major player in HP. I already have Pixie and Vasilia linked to Voldemort, Vasilia and Rhiannon linked to Grindelwald, Pixie and Vasilia are also linked to Severus (Pixie biologically and Vasilia through care), Pixie is also linked to Sirius. So rather than being repetitive, any other would be fine for Dani. 

2.

She's a Weasley. Ron's twin.  

This would make her and Draco third cousins once removed through Phineus Nigellus Black which is rather far back, like there is four generations between Phineus and Draco, and three between Phineus and the Weasley children. I did some research into the whole thing and it means that they share less than 1% genetics. I think generally and morally speaking, it's seen as 2nd Cousins or closer is a no-go, but anything further away is fine. We are all related somehow anyway. 

3. 

She's a Weasley but not Ron's twin, but a cousin on Molly's side raised by Molly and Arthur. I would say that her mother is Molly's sister and her father can come from another HP link, maybe a Maurader. 

4.

She's a Potter (which Dani turned out to be anyway) but Harry's twin and raised either with him or away from him. I do already have a Harry twin (Daisy) but she was raised away from him. 

5.

Other. You guys can offer