Chapter Twenty

Dani is not really a sulking type of teenager, at least, Apollo hoped that she wasn't, he has enough trouble with the boys, and with Vis now, that he can't do it again. Not with his little girl. They've been back from Hogwarts for about a week now and Dani has barely left her room, barely left her bed. Opting to stay curled up under the covers.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on in that head of yours?" Apollo asks her as he enters her room with a mug of hot chocolate, hoping that it's going to help cheer her up. Vis leans in the doorway, watching. He's even worried. Mostly because if she's in here, he can't torment her. "Dani, come on, it's been a week, sweetheart, I'm worried about you....is it your dreams?"

"Who's Edward Potter?" She asks, Apollo pales slightly as he clutches to the mug of hot chocolate in his hands. He looks at Dani as she sits up in her bed. Vis frowns at his father's side.

"Where did you hear that name?" Apollo asks her.

"Who is he?" Vis inquires, he knows it must be a big deal if it's got Dani this upset. This withdrawn. He looks at Apollo who closes his eyes in defeat.

"Yeah, who is he, dad?" Dani counters, placing an emphasis on the term dad.

"Why don't you both go wait in my office, whilst I grab your brothers," He asks of them as he already makes his way out of the room. Vis and Dani share a look, Vis raising an eyebrow in question, she huffs and looks away from him.

........

Rolf and Ray linger at the back of the office as Apollo nervously sits in front of the twins, this was going to happen eventually, he had just hoped that it would be on his terms, when they were ready, like the boys were when they were told.

"Your mother...." He starts and reaches into his desk to pull out a photo. One of Calliope and Edward. "When we were at Hogwarts together....she met and fell in love with...Edward Potter" Apollo holds out the photo to the twins. Vis takes it from him. "And I...met Cecilia Snape...."

"Snape?" Vis asks him.

"Yes," Apollo answers and nods. "Your...professor's younger sister, she was in the year below us...she was beautiful and funny and smart...." He stops when he realises that he's rambling. "I...married Cecelia...and your mother....well, she married Edward....and they were happy, we all were. And they had you two....and me and Cecelia, we had the boys..." He motions to Rolf and Ray. "But..." Apollo sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. "You were...18 months old" He whispers. "When they died. Edward and Cecilia...." Ray looks away from his father, fingers curling into his palm. "Death Eaters came to the house" Apollo continues. "We were having dinner with Callie and...Edward...and you two...." He glances at his sons who start to get upset themselves. "All of you..." Apollo adds. "They wanted information....they were looking for someone..."

"For Harry" Dani realises, Apollo nods and gives her a sad smile.

"Yes, for Harry.....there was a prophecy that said that a baby born in that July would have the power to defeat Voldemort" He touches his wedding ring and smiles sadly at the twin. "Cecilia was the better witch, Edward the better wizard...." He admits. "They stayed behind to buy us time to escape with you and your brothers. That was...." Dani looks down. "They were killed....and your mother and I decided that we would work together, to raise the four of you...."

"So Edward Potter" Vis starts. "Is our real..father?" Apollo nods. "And...our mother..."

"Is your mother" Apollo is quick to reassure him. Vis lets out a breath and then stands, storming out the room. Apollo sighs, but he expected nothing less from Vis. He was the one they knew how he'd react. Dani was the hard one to read. "Daenerys" Apollo whispers trying to gauge her reaction to this.

............

Ray sits cross-legged behind Dani as she swings her legs over the balcony, watching Drogon as he flies, in full form, over the trees beyond. Dani sniffles a little, her eyes red and puffy but her tears have stopped.

"You know this doesn't change anything" Ray offers as he pulls her hair back to braid. "Me and Rolf...we don't....think it changes anything. You and Vis...you are still our annoying little brother and sister" She looks down as she gets upset. "And dad...he was the one that raised you both, loved you and cared for you. We are just two families, broken apart by pain and grief" He whispers. "Taped together to make one whole family, that sort of works" He tugs on her hair, she smiles a little. "Are you worried about Newt?" He asks her, she shrugs a little. "Newt adores you" He assures her. "And he's always known...." She leans into his side and he kisses her head. "You are still his favourite" He teases softly.

"Where's Vis?" She whispers.

"Probably in the greenhouse" He answers. "He'll be okay"

..............

Vis touches the leaves of the dittany plant, this is his safe place, the place he comes when he wants to be alone, when he is upset. His mother's greenhouse. Filled with plants from everywhere, that do everything. The door behind him opens, small footsteps moving inside.

"Vis?" Dani asks behind him, he closes his eyes and sighs. "Are you okay?" He turns to her and abruptly yanks her closer, he hugs her tightly, closing his eyes as he clutches to her. Dani wraps her arms around him too. The twins clutching to one another. A single moment of solidarity between siblings. Vis' emotions pushing him to comfort and take comfort in Dani.

..................

Dani sits on her bed, reading through a divination book when Rolf walks in, waving a letter around, he gives her a look and smirks. She gives him a look back and raises an eyebrow.

"You have a letter" Rolf offers and holds out the letter to her, Dani frowns a little and takes it from him, she gives him a look, she is not about to open it with him around. He chuckles and walks away. Dani turns slightly, away from the door to open the envelope, pulls out the parchment within. She touches the scribbled words on the parchment and smiles. It's from Draco. He's written to her. He has taken back his apology for kissing her. Taken it back and admitted that he liked it, that he is confused and scared and....sorry that he hurt her, but not sorry that he kissed her.

............

Dani sits at her desk, Draco's owl perched on her windowsill, watching her with those beady eyes. She writes away on a piece of parchment as Drogon eyes the bird cautiously. Still not sure he likes it. She folds the parchment and then slides it into an envelope with Draco's name on the front, she smiles at the owl who lowers his head to take the offered letter. It would be rude if she didn't write back. She reaches up and touches the necklace around her neck. Fingers tight around the charm as the owl flies out her window and into the sky.