Chapter 17

Ghiaccio's Pov

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. (Y/N) was going away. I had to do something. I had to move. But my body wouldn't move the slightest. I looked down. Why did she only hear that line?

It all started in the morning.

I woke up feeling (Y/N) playing with my curls. I smiled, hiding my face on the pillow. No way I would let her see me smile about something so trivial.

After getting up, I showered and dressed to go eat my breakfast. That was when I was called to Risotto's office. When I left the kitchen, (Y/N) was still eating hers.

I knocked. My Boss said for me to enter.

"Is there a mission, Risotto?", I sat on the chair in front of his desk, "Someone needs to be murdered in the day after Christmas?"

"No. Not this time. I just wanted to ask you about something that has nothing to do with work."

"Huh?"

"Am I supposed to keep a secret about your relationship with (Y/N)?"

"You know?!", I was really surprised.

"Since the first week."

"Wow... How did you find out?", I sighed, giving up. No point in hiding now.

"I didn't find out. I just knew. You were always looking at her and had a murderous glance to anyone who looked at her more than they should."

"I-I did not-"

"You did.", he cracked a little smile.

"Tch.", I blushed, "Think what you want."

"But are you serious about it? About her?"

"Tch. What do you think, Risotto? 'I was just using (Y/N)' , is what you want me to say? I really like her. No, I love her. So you better not try to separate us or-"

"Do you think I'm that bad? I just want to see you guys hap-"

That's when I heard Melone in the corridor asking (Y/N) if she was crying. I immediately knew that she heard the conversation. My heart sank. No, this couldn't be happening.

I opened the door to be part of that heartbreaking scene. I even kneeled in front of her asking for her to listen to me. In front of the entire gang. I was willing to humiliate myself if it meant that she would listen to me.

But she just threw the necklace with the ring that I gave her to the floor and left. I couldn't move. I just looked at the ring on the floor. What did I do wrong? What the fuck did I do wrong?

Melone quickly got down to his knees to grab the necklace. Then, he went to me.

"Ghiaccio...", he handed it to me. He looked at me with pity, "I am so so sorry. I'll try talking with her to see if -"

"Don't bother.", I managed to say, "She doesn't want me anymore... I did nothing wrong..."

The whole gang surrounded me.

"Look man, maybe we could- I don't know...", Formaggio said, "Maybe Melone is right. We can talk to her and explain it for you or..."

"It won't do a thing... She left me... (Y/N) left me...", I wanted to cry. I never cried before. Why did she leave me? Didn't she trust me enough to even listen?

Pesci went to hug me. I didn't deny the hug. So Formaggio, Illuso and Melone joined in. I didn't believe it was true. I felt so empty. So alone. Why did I have to make that joke? Why the fuck did I do it?!

"Ghiaccio, I'll talk to (Y/N).", Risotto said, "She can't refuse talk to her Boss."

"Please no.", I ask him, "She'll hate me more. This is my problem. I'll solve it."

"Sorry. But this is OUR problem now too.", Prosciutto smiled, "We want the angry Ghiaccio back. Not the gloomy Ghiaccio."

"But I-"

"We are a team.", said Illuso, "Sure, we can have our ups and downs but we're here for each other. At this point, we might as well be called a disfunctional family.", he smirked, "We'll help you get your girl back."

"Guys, I really don't know what to say..."

Melone jumped to me and put his arms around my shoulders.

"You can begin by thanking us.", he smiled.

I'll probably upload the next one still today! Thank you for all the support!