Chapter 8

You loved the three months that you passed with Ghiaccio after you were official his girlfriend. Seeing him laugh was something that amazed you profoundly. Besides, you loved the fact that you were the only one who sees that side of him. His cute smile, his handsome face, his grumpy way of being that you found adorable... Everything about him was just perfect.

Today was Valentine"s day. You woke up and went to knock on Ghiaccio's room door. However, you were intercepted by Pesci.

"Hello (Y/N). Do you need something from Ghiaccio? I saw him go outside pretty early."

"Oh, hi Pesci! Is he on a mission?"

"Don't know. He went alone so I don't really know. Sorry for not helping more."

"Oh, don't worry. I was just ask him something.", you lied, "But thank you.", you smiled.

You went into your room. Ten in the morning. You were sad. Like really sad. After all, you bought him so many presents and he wasn't there to receive them.

"(Y/N)~ Can I come in?", it was Melone. Of course it was him.

"Sure... ", you sighed.

"Why so sad?", he asked you, after closing the door and siting on your bed where you were sulking while lying down .

"It's Valentines Day..."

"So why are you so gloomy? You have a boyfriend."

"Yes. But he isn't here. Pesci said he saw him leave early."

"Maybe he went on a mission."

"I know he could be in one but I don't think so. Risotto didn't say anything about a solo mission."

"Don't worry. He'll come home for lunch, I'm sure of it. Your knight in shinning armour must be arriving."

"I hope so..."

***

All day passed. Ghiaccio was nowhere to be seen. You were so irritated all day that your teammates didn't even dare to bother you.

You put on your pijamas and went to bed. Ghiaccio wasn't coming. You had prepared so much presents and he wasn't there. He probably forgot anyways...

Someone knocked slightly on your door. You got up and went to the door. Ghiaccio was on the other side.

"(Y/N), can I come in?", he had something behind his back for sure. If it was an apologizing card, you would slap him.

You got to the side for him to come him and closed the door, without saying a word.

"What do you want?", you said, crossing your arms. You were really pissed at him

"Look, I know that I was out all day but it was for a good reason.", he tried to explain.

"And what could that be?"

Then he showed what he had on his back: your favorite chocolates. You immediately gasped.

"Happy Valentine's Day, I guess.", he blushed.

You jumped onto his arms to give him a kiss:

"Where did you find them?! They aren't sold in this city!"

"So what?"

"You are saying that you- No, it can be! You went to another city to get them?!"

"I almost had to kill a guy to get the last box. But if you're happy, then it was worth it."

"Aww... Ghiaccio, you're so sweet!", you almost cried while hugging him.

He hugged you back. You were almost embarrassed to think that he didn't remember!

"I have presents for you too!", you smiled and told him to sit on the bed.

You walked to your closet and took out a bag with his presents. You sat on the bed by his side and handed it to him. He frowned:

"What are these ?"

"Your presents, of course."

He started opening them. You bought him a new pair of boots, since his were already worn out and a new book for him to put in his collection.

"Why the fuck did you buy this?"

"Don't you like it?", you started feeling kinda down.

"No, that's not it...", he blushed, "You spend lots of money on this and I gave you a fucking chocolate box!", he facepalmed, "I'm the worst..."

"Ghiaccio, it was perfect! The fact that you remembered my favorite chocolates is really sweet...", you smiled at him while hugging his arm, "You went miles and miles just to get me these. Yours is better."

"Really?"

"Really."

"I-I loved your presents, by the way.", he finally said.

"But they aren't over yet.", you smirked, "Check the end of the bag."

Ghiaccio frowned, confused but did what you said. He took out a tiny bit of paper that you had written.

"Cupon for a make out session?"

It was his time to smirk:

"Don't mind me if I do."