Kageyama: Meat Buns

You stood next to Kiyoko with your notebook in which you took down notes on varying plays along with new potential strategies for the team while the boys were playing a small practice game. You watched closely as Kageyama tossed the ball for a quick strike to Hinata. Hinata missed, but you didn't fail to notice his incredible speed and the height of his jump. He was definitely an incredible player. But there was no way he was going to hit the ball with Kageyama's monster quicks coming at him. Kageyama needed to adjust. Together, you knew they would make a deadly duo. 

 Startling you out of your thoughts, Coach Ukai blew his whistle numerous times. You looked up to see Kageyama lifting a struggling Hinata off of the floor by the collar of his white shirt. Kageyama looked unhappy to say the least. So Hinata wasn't doing what he wanted. But this was not the way to deal with incoordination between teammates.

 "Kageyama! Let him go! Enough, the two of you!" Ukai's efforts to stop the boys were futile. He looked at you. You smiled before swiftly jogging up to Kageyama and Hinata, who was clawing ferociously at the arm that suspended him in the air. You came in between the two, blocking Kageyama's view. 

 "Okay, okay! I think Hinata gets the message, Kageyama!" you waved in his face. 

 "Clearly not, or he would be hitting my quicks!" he shook Hinata angrily. You turned to Hinata, trying to push him down by the shoulders so he would at least be on the ground. Out of the corner of your eye, you caught Tsukishima and Yamaguchi scoffing childishly with their hands up to cover their smirks. One thing at a time. Finally, you managed to force Hinata down. Now your main goal was to get Kageyama to not kill him. 

 "Okay, Kageyama! Come on," you pushed his arm aside and held him back by his upper arms. He still reached out to a cowering Hinata, who was momentarily safe behind your barrier. "Look, when your teammate does something wrong, they won't understand whatever it is they did if you just beat them up. You have to talk it out and work out how you're gonna solve that issue. As a team," you looked up to face him. His mouth was pulled back into a snarl as he growled at Hinata. 

 "Yeah! Because that's what we are! A team! And no matter what, I will always be there to back you up," Hinata chimed in. You still had to hold back a seething Kageyama. Now, however, the snarl was gone. Replaced by a shocked frown almost. 

 "I - hmph," Kageyama seemed to be convinced by you and Hinata's motivational words. You knew he agreed. He just wouldn't say it out loud. You were proud of him anyway. 

 "There he is! There's our Kageyama!" you enveloped him in a hug as he stood there. You heard him make a surprised sound at this gesture. After a bit, Hinata jumped in on the hug.

 "Yeah!" Hinata cheered happily, "This is the first time Kageyama has let anyone hug him!" 

 Once you and Hinata let go of Kageyama, you were met with that same shocked frown but this time, a soft blush was on his cheeks. 

 "And it'll be the last," Kageyama suddenly took hold of Hinata's shoulders, shaking him. He turned to you with that pink blush as evident as ever. "You play volleyball, right?" 

 "Uh, yeah, but I don't see why that's important," you looked up to meet his now calmer face. 

 "What position do you play?" he further inquired.

 "Um, I'm a middle blocker. Like Hinata. Again, why?" you repeated yourself. Suga, Daichi, Asahi, Tanaka and Nishinoya walked up to the three of you. Kageyama's eyes widened further. 

 "Does your team do quick strikes?" he asked.

 "Uh, I think we touched on them at some point," you jogged your head for any memory of practising quick strikes. Kageyama nodded.