Hinata: That's My Wife

Today was an exciting day for you. Today, you started your first day as the team manager for the MSBY Black Jackals. This was the team that your husband, the Shōyō Hinata, played on himself. It was one of the main reasons you were so excited. Not to brag, but your husband was a bit of a celebrity in the sport world. Since you had been asked to come in a little later to have a small meeting with the coach before being introduced to the men on the team, you had told Shōyō to go on ahead without you. And now you were sat in a mildly crowded train, headed to the MSBY boys. You drummed your fingers on your bag. A text came in on your phone. You opened it.

Shō 🥰: Hey!!! Can't wait to see you! You're gonna do great!!! Love you! 😘😘😘

 A big, dopey grin spread on your face as you typed up a reply to Shōyō's encouraging texts. Your heart swelled with love, and any nerves you might've had were completely obliterated now. If anything, you were even more enthusiastic about meeting the guys your husband talked about, much less managing their team. You knew this would be a great opportunity for you.

 You: Aw, thank you so much, Shō!!! Love you too! 💕😘💕

 You stared a bit longer at the texts between the two of you before smiling contentedly and closing your phone. It was like this with everything. No matter what you did, Shōyō was always your number one supporter and biggest fan. He didn't really care what it was that you were doing (unless of course it was detrimental to you) as long as he saw that it made you happy. It's the only thing he ever strived towards. Making you happy. He always did his research on the thing you were getting into so he could hold an engaging conversation about it with you. This time, though, no research was needed since you were going into his field of expertise. 

 You tucked your phone away into your pocket before listening for the next stop and settling on closing your eyes for a bit, seeing as how you still had a few stops to go before you reached your own. You let your eyelids droop down lazily. You crossed your arms over your chest and leaned against the border of your seat. Your breathing slowed and all the soft chatter around blended into a kind of hazy hum that helped lull you to sleep. Before you knew it, the female voice of the train announcer was informing you of your arrival. 

 You hopped off of the train and immediately entered a nearby restroom to wash your face and make sure you didn't look a total mess when you met your husband's close friends and other remarkable players. Yeah. You looked fine. You smoothed down your clothes and looked up the location on your phone. Thus began your journey to the team's training area. It was a nice area, and the weather was great today, which made for a lovely stroll through the town. Eventually, you stood in front of a pretty modern building. You checked your phone to make sure you were at the right place before taking a deep breath and heading inside. 

 Using the map on the wall, you navigated your way to the coach's office. You rapped on the wooden door with your knuckles three times. All that was left to do now was to wait. Your arms hung in front of you, each palm placed over the other. No one was answering. You knocked three times again. Still no one. Maybe their coach couldn't hear you. You pressed your ear against the door, listening for any movements on the inside. Nothing.

 "Uh, hello? Mr Foster?" you searched through the keyhole using one eye, "Hi. My name's Y/N Hinata. We spoke over the phone? I'm the one who called for the position of manager? Yeah, hi. Is there anyone there?" 

 You looked around. No one seemed to be on this floor. Even though the shining gold plaque on the door said 'Samson Foster - MSBY Black Jackals'. That was the name of Shōyō's coach, right? You checked earlier texts between the two of you. Yep, it was his name. He had told you to meet at half past two in the afternoon. You checked your watch. Not a minute late. So where was he? Could he have forgotten about your meeting and was currently coaching the team? A group of footsteps sounded behind you. You turned around.