Asahi: Perfect

It was a particularly sunny and warm summer day. You finished school and headed straight to Karasuno to watch the boys practice. They had told you earlier this week that they had a practice game with Nekoma High coming up, so you wanted to support them as much as possible. Yesterday, for example, you brought them all melonpan from a bakery nearby. Tanaka especially loved it, seeing as how it's his favourite food. 

 But practice games came with their problems, too. Everyone - mostly Asahi and Hinata - got stressed out before practice games, worrying that they wouldn't be good enough. You spent too many sleepless nights comforting Asahi by text. You had to do everything in your power not to get frustrated and shout at him because you loved him so much. 

 And that was a whole other problem. You and Asahi had been dating for most of the past year, but he still hadn't said those words to you: I love you. You felt that way towards him, but you didn't know if he did about you. And you couldn't spring it on him before a practice game, especially not if he didn't love you back. It would just make him into a nervous wreck, and if they lost, the boys would never forgive you. But you had been itching to say it to him for around a month now, and that was hard for you.

 Well it didn't matter now, because the most important thing in your mind was helping the boys in any way you could. Sometimes, you stayed for extra time so you could sit with Coach Ukai and work out new techniques the boys could try out to beat Nekoma. You heard that Nekoma had a bit of a genius on their team by the name of Kenma Kozume. Karasuno needed this.

 You got to the steel doors of the gymnasium, carrying your bag on your back. In your right hand, you were carrying a plastic bag full of varying drinks for each of your boys as well as Kiyoko, Takeda and Coach Ukai, because they were just as much a part of the team as anyone else. 

 The drinks you got were: Arizona Green Tea & Honey (Asahi), Volvic Touch of Fruit Strawberry Flavoured Water (Suga), Gatorade Cool Blue (Nishinoya and Tanaka), Gun Gun Gurt (Kageyama), Tropicana Orange Juice (Hisashi), Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee (Coach Ukai, Takeda and Kiyoko), Welch's Grape Soda (Narita), Innocent Seriously Strawberry (Hinata), Sprite (Tsukishima), Lipton Ice Tea Peach (Yamaguchi), Capri Sun Apple & Blackcurrant (Ennoshita) and Vita Coco Coconut Water (Daichi). 

 You pushed open the doors to the gym. You put everything down where Coach Ukai and Takeda were standing. You greeted them and Kiyoko.

 "Hey, boys!" you waved to the whole gymnasium. Tsukishima looked up from his phone and nodded at you. Yamaguchi had also been watching whatever it was on Tsuki's phone, but he smiled and waved back. 

 "Hey, Y/N!" Nishinoya and Hinata screamed to you. Now you were walking across the gym to where Suga, Daichi and Asahi were standing. Tanaka wasn't around, which was odd. He was probably late. Kageyama saluted to you from the same spot where Hinata and Nishinoya were standing. You made a little detour before ending up where Suga, Daichi and Asahi were so you could pass out the drinks you had gotten for everyone. Everyone seemed pleasantly surprised when you threw their drinks at them. For now, you kept Tanaka's drink in the plastic bag that you carried in your left hand. You made it to the three boys. They were laughing hysterically at Asahi, from what you could tell judged by Asahi's defensive look. 

 "Hey Suga. Hey Daichi. Hey Asahi," you looked up to see Asahi's face. He looked down to meet yours, instinctively taking your small hand in his one. He looked at you adoringly, and you smiled gently back at him. You interlocked your fingers with his. At this, he blushed.

 "Hey" he said softly. Suga and Daichi stared at the two of you for a moment before you looked away from Asahi and looked at them.

 "Hi Y/N," Daichi laughed, wiping tears of joy from his face.