Sugawara: Any Less

(A/N: Warnings: A tad bit angsty, I suppose? P.S: Thank you all so much for reading!)

 You strolled out of the school gates with the rest of the students, immediately heading over to where your bike was parked and locked to a metal stand. You smiled to yourself, remembering the plans you and your boyfriend, Kōshi Sugawara, had made for tonight. Especially since it was Friday night, meaning neither of you had any plans for tomorrow. After much begging, you had convinced your mother to let you stay over at Kōshi's for the weekend. You knew it sounded slightly childish for a third year, but you were excited. Kōshi told you his parents were out of town for the weekend; something about visiting relatives. They trusted him with the house, and he had told them that you were coming over. So now you were headed home to grab your belongings, and then you would go to Kōshi's. Your pocket buzzed, alerting you of a new message. You reached for your phone and unlocked it. A message from Kōshi? 

~

Kō 🤍: Hey! Are you out of class?

You: Hey, Kō. Yeah, why?

Kō 🤍: I love it when you call me that. Um, actually, I have to tell you something.

You: Go ahead.

Kō 🤍: You know how you're meant to be staying over at my place this weekend?

You: Yeah.

Kō 🤍: I'm so sorry. I completely forgot that there's a training camp I have to go to for the volleyball club. I know it's not like me to forget, so forgive me for this once, but we can do this another time, yeah? 🥰

You: This training is for the whole weekend???

Kō 🤍: Yeah. But we'll definitely do something next weekend!

You: Okay, Kōshi. Have fun. 😚

Kō 🤍: You're not mad?

You: No. Don't worry, just go to your training camp.

Kō 🤍: You're the best. Love you, baby.

You: Love you too. 😊

~

 You sighed heavily as you returned your phone to your pocket. It pained you that you had to lie in your texts to Kōshi. Truth be told, you were a little mad, despite what you had just told your boyfriend. Of course, you meant the last text without a shadow of doubt, but you certainly hadn't had an adorable smile and a blush covering your cheeks when you typed it. Why was it so hard for him to tell you that he had a training camp coming up maybe a bit before the day on which you were supposed to go over and sleep at his house? And was it that difficult for him to read between the lines and understand that you actually weren't okay with him ditching you last minute for his typical excuse (volleyball)? 

 You groaned, rubbing your temples. He had been doing this for the better part of numerous months now. Getting caught up in volleyball and having to postpone and put away plans. It was tiring, you getting put aside for his games and practice. Well, as long as he still loved you. Wait. Would someone who really loved their partner with their whole heart prioritise a sport over them? Would they let said sport get in the way of precious quality time and plans they had already made with their partner? No. There was no way Kōshi loved you any less than he did before, much less for him to love you less than a sport! You scoffed. No way. No way!