Kageyama: Great King

Today was going to be a momentous day for the Karasuno boys, to say the least. Today was the day they played against Aoba Johsai High in the Interhigh preliminaries. After beating both Tokonami and Date Tech, the boys had been practising nonstop. They were in high spirits, and you were doing your best to maintain that alongside Kiyoko, Coach Ukai and Coach Takeda. You were training under Kiyoko to be the assistant manager of Karasuno High's volleyball team since the beginning of the year. It was only your first year at high school, anyway. You were also the loyal girlfriend of Tobio Kageyama for what your calendar told you was two years (not including this one) so far. So things were good for you. 

 The team was sat in a bus being driven by Coach Takeda. You were sandwiched in between Hinata and Kageyama at the very back. Kageyama was leaning against you, his head tilted so that it was almost fully resting on top of yours. You were cradling your tablet in your left hand, and the pen you drew with in your right. You had decided to be productive on the ride to the venue, so you were putting together a drawing of the boys individually on the bus. You were currently working on Daichi's one. You knew how Daichi looked like, so the reference was in your mind. But you had to come up with something creative for him to be doing on the bus. Hinata kept looking over and gushing about how good you were. Occasionally, he would shoot an idea about what you should draw. And every now and then, Kageyama told him to shut up. 

 "I'm done drawing for now," you yawned. You had gotten a bit of a headache for staring at your screen for too long. 

 "Mmm, good, now we can cuddle," Kageyama leaned down to mutter in your ear. After packing your drawing equipment back into your bag, you sat back up and slipped one arm behind Kageyama and the other in front. He looped his arms around your neck. 

 "Look, we're getting closer! I can almost see the building down there!" Hinata pushed his face up against the window and pointed. You laughed. 

 "You excited, Hinata?" you asked him. 

 "Yeah! And a bit nervous, too," he admitted with a shaky laugh. 

 "Yeah, well, don't be, or we've got no chance of winning this game against Seijoh," Kageyama's harsh voice contrasted with the way he was slowly playing with your hair and nuzzling you closer against his chest. 

 "Tobio, don't scare him," you chided your boyfriend. He grumbled. 

 "Anyway, I won't get as nervous as I was before. This time, I know we're gonna do amazing!" Hinata jumped out of his seat. Everyone turned to look at him with fond smiles on their faces. You expected nothing less from the boys. Soon, the bus pulled into a parking lot where you could see teams emerging from their own school vehicles. Takeda parked the bus and stood in front of everyone before allowing all of you to leave.

 "Okay, everyone. Today's game against Seijoh is nothing to be afraid of! If anything, it's the perfect opportunity to be looking forward to, which I already know that some of you are," he smiled at all of you hopefully, "Just know that Coach Ukai and I believe in all of you!" 

 "Right!" the boys dutifully cheered. All of them stood up and started grabbing their bags. Kageyama gripped your hand tightly, his fingers interlocked with yours. You exited the bus, walking behind Tsukishima. Once you exited, you and the boys took a clean breath of fresh air. Kageyama smiled down at you.

 "I'm gonna go get some of that yoghurt milk they have in the vending machines. I'll be back," he patted your head before walking off. 

 You watched him disappear behind the wall of the building in search of a vending machine. You joined the boys in walking towards the entrance of the building. You were walking slightly behind the rest of the group. They all walked into the venue, pushing past the glass doors and into the cool, airconditioned environment of the inside. Once you walked in, you examined your surroundings. Teams and their coaches were huddled up together. You spotted jackets with the names of a few high schools that you recognised printed on the back: Nekoma High, Fukurodani Academy and Kamomedai High. And finally, Aoba Johsai. You couldn't help but stare for a bit at the group of tall boys standing grouped up together. You swallowed. Karasuno was meant to go against these guys. You counted up how many there were standing together; not every member of the team was there. You moved your focus a bit ahead of them for your eyes to land on the captain of Seijoh. You could tell by the thick black line underneath his jersey number. Number one. He was surrounded by a mob of fawning girls who seemed to be flirting with him. Oh God. Fan girls. You rolled your eyes and sat on one of three metal chairs stuck together while the rest of the boys and Kiyoko went to check out the other areas and get in some last minute practice. You had told them to go ahead without you. You would wait for Tobio. Today, you were wearing black shorts that reached halfway down your thighs and a white shirt that said the name of your school on the back. You had been wearing a black tracksuit jacket with the logo of a foot over this before, but you had stuffed it into Kageyama's bag on the bus ride. You stretched your legs out and put your fingers together. You slightly slouched in your seat and started tapping on the arm of the chair.