chapter two

"Good day to the Prime Minister, Mayor and distinguished guests. All protocol observed. It is with great honour and pride that I, Alexandra Cohen, formally introduce Cohen House back into the American corporate world."

An applause followed as she took a moment to pause. The brunette took a deep breath, bent the paper clip even more, and continued.

"Cohen House has become one of the most successful software development companies in the 21st century and I am more than honoured to have continued what my father started twenty years ago."

"In a span of three years, our technology has taken over many European and Asian companies including companies in Norway, Germany, Japan and Singapore. We believe in quality over quantity while also trying to be environmentally conscious. After major success in the eyes of the world, my partner and I have decided to bring Cohen House back home. Back to where it all started,"Alex continued glancing at Mr Blake.

"You are all here either because you were eager to invest in something you believe in or you wanted to have something to laugh about later,"she said quite frankly," Many of you seated here today mockery and shamed the my father and his company during a dire time. Cohen House is a valuable company with a bright future ahead and we are looking for investors and partners with a similar mindset and goal in mind."

"If you think that is you then feel free to speak to me or any of my partners here today. Thank you for attending and please enjoy the party,"she finished strongly and made her way off the stage. A polite clap came from the crowd as everyone was trying to process what had just happened.

"That wasn't the speech I gave you,"John said through gritted teeth as he prayed that no one would leave after Alex's speech.

"Oh calm down,"she brushed him off and gave him an assuring smile.

Before he could reply, John was pulled aside by a prominent investment banker to discuss shares in the company. Alex answered a few press questions before someone tapped her shoulder.

She turned around, meeting a familiar face. She smirked and crossed her arms.

"Sorry I forgot about your whiskey. But I see you used your own two legs and hands to get it,"she remarked looking at the gass in his hands.

  -

Clayton quirked his eyebrow not expecting her to say that but after such a speech he now knew she wasn't someone to mess around with.

"Hmm yes. Sorry about earlier, I just assumed-"he began confidently but was cut off.

"That any woman wearing a suit here would be a waitress,"Alex smiled slightly,"It's alright Mr Hudson, I find your sexism refreshing."

"Hey now I'm no where near sexist,"he said a bit offended that she would assume that about him,"And how do you know my name?"

"I'm the CEO, it's my job to know,"Alex smirked lightly and turned on her heel,"Now come on. I assume you're here to get me to talk with your father. And after the great deal of sucking up John had to endure, I owe him a few kind words."

She began to walk away but halted when a strong grip came around her arm.

"Don't talk about my father that way,"Clayton seethed looking at her face with an annoyed expression.

"Let go of me,"Alexandra said firmly while keeping her voice low enough to not cause a scene,"I think you're forgetting who you're talking to Mr Hudson. You better not get on my bad side or your father might just go into bankruptcy. And who knows how you'll afford your tacky sportscars or those wild parties you throw every weekend in the Hamptons."