The Moment I Fell

££££

"Mom, please mom I'm hungry." I plea, shaking my mothers drugged out, limp body as she lay on our new couch Fynn insisted we get. It was from the internet but the previous owners only had the gray loveseats for 6 months, so we bargained. My mother groans, muttering something crude under her breath before pushing me away somnolently. My stomach screams and coils hungrily, haven't consumed food in just under two days. Fynn's been gone since Friday, and he promised to be back by Sunday, which is today. I re-search the kitchen but the cabinets and fridge are empty and the sink is full with week old dishes. I decide to clean to take my mind off of my empty stomach and begin with the dishes before making my way to the floors. I'm cleaning for a couple hours before the grumbling in my stomach is too unbearable. I dress upstairs then run down again to search in the opposite couch my mother's in to find two quarters jammed between two bars inside. I take my good red adidas jacket with the deep pockets and head for the gas station. The road is dark, only lit by the tall dim streetlight overhead and the pavement glistens from the rain that had just fell a couple hours ago. The air is moist in my lungs and makes my stomach grumble a little less. A couple cars zoom past, slightly hitting me with mist from the puddles that had formed in the damaged cracks of the road. I live just over a hill and can see Lions gas station as soon as I reach the edge. I can see a couple cars occupy the gas pumps and I smile.

No one will pay attention.

I'm in front of the small, rusted station quickly. I pull the door open, hearing the bells overhead and glancing at the clerk. I head to the back and find a .50 cent box of macaroni, knowing it can last me until at least breakfast. On the way up I snag a Reece's and snickers bar, stuffing them on the inside pocket of my jacket. I wait in line behind a tall guy with short nappy black hair, he pays for gas and runs out into the rain that's just restarted.

"Nova," the clerk greets. I know a few of the employees here and this particular one is Jenna. A short, pink-haired, tattooed girl.

"Jenna," I reply, handing her the macaroni. When I pull my hand back down I swipe a few packs of gum on the small red rack right in front of me.

"Fifty-six cents." She says again. My eyes grow wide and I instantly wonder if she would really care about being six cents short?

I hand her my quarters. "That's all I have." I say, grabbing another few packs of gum as she looks at the change in her hand. If I'm not going to get the macaroni at least I have a couple other things to eat.

"I'll get it." A man says from behind, I suck in a deep breath and my stomach finally feels something other than hunger. I feel the ache at my core calling for someone to ease it. I must have been really in my head to have not heard the bells from the doors but I know who it is before I turn around.

"Mr. Reed, what're you doing here?" I question, staring at him like a deer caught in headlights. He has a five o'clock shadow on his face and his eyes sparkle in a way I've never seen before. The lighting in here is shitty and dim, but it makes him look deadly- almost like a wolf. He wears a blue t-shirt with a black trench coat and dark jeans. I gulp as he steps forward and his musky, dewy scent encompasses me, trapping me. He grabs a couple bags of chips hanging above his head and throws them on the counter. Jenna looks as if she's going to drool and rings up the Cheetos and Doritos. I inhale him, and glance at his strong, blue-veined hand.

"Is that all, sir?" Jenna asks him.

"Twenty on pump 3 as well, thank you." He answers, glancing down at me. My body warms from his heat and my skin sprouts goosebumps. My heart beats madly inside my chest and I think even Jenna can hear it. She gives him a polite thank you and I grab my bag from the counter and head out with him. It's down pouring now and we run underneath the rusted white roof. He has a grey 2014 Chevrolet Camaro and I admire his taste.

"You didn't have to do that, Mr. Reed." I tell him as everything in my body turns warm and quivers from seeing him outside of his classroom. His black short hair is damp from the rain and he shoves his fingers through it making the water fly off the strands. His lashes are dark and thick around his creamy golden eyes and I have to force myself not to fall in. The rain splashes against the roof harshly and I don't doubt it'll start to thunder soon.

"It's no problem, Ms. Sawyer. Let me give you a ride home, you can't walk back in this." He insists, opening the passenger side door for me. I lick my dry lips and glance in the direction of my house. I can see my top floor from here.

"I live just right there, it's no problem that I walk." I say, too nervous and turned on to get in the car with him at such close proximity.

"Come on, it's pouring." I look at his lips and see they're moist from the rain. His arm extends to the door and his coat lifts along with his shirt giving me the slightest glance at his sinewy, tan abs. My eyes flicker back to him and I nod. "Fine."

One side of his mouth curves and makes my heart skip a few beats. I slip inside his car and am greeted by his normal scent. The one I recognize. Books, oak, and him. He glances at me.

"So this is the gas station where you steal?" He questions, starting the car afters he's finished pumping the gas. I crack a smile and look at Jenna who's busied herself already. I roll my eyes.

"I know you seen me." I tell him.

"So should I empty your pockets?" I laugh, better yet body search me- please.

"I mean sure, if you'd like, but If you wanted to rat me out you would have." I reply, knowing he wouldn't do that to me. He huffs and shakes his head disapprovingly.

"No. Of course not, I just wish you didn't do it. What if you get caught?" I shrug, and feel a small part of me fall deeper into the hole that is Bellamy Russo Reed.

"I'm a fast runner, and I'm pretty sure they'd do jack shit-" "watch your mouth." He orders, silencing me. My body responds to his voice and I clench my thighs tightly. I roll my eyes and watch as he pulls out of the lot. I gaze upon him as his hands handle the wheel, his chiseled jaw clenches, and his dark entrapping eyes focus on the road. His nose is straight and only slightly curved, his lips are plump and rosy-pink, and his cheeks are slightly hallowed and defined. He's fit and toned beneath his clothes. He's a chiseled, masculine, sex-god and I only wish I was old enough to let him screw my brains out. I'm about to tell him to pull over because my house is here but he's already gliding easily into my driveway. I empty my pockets and throw the contents in the bag and when I glance back up he's glaring at me.

"Really? Why so much?" He questions. I giggle and shrug my shoulders indolently.

"Because I'm good at it." I answer simply, opening the door.

"Do I need to give you detention, Ms. Sawyer?" I grab my lip with my teeth and gaze down. I'd want nothing more.

"See you tomorrow, Bellamy." I respond before closing the door so I don't see the angry glare on his face at the mention of his name. I run inside and lean against the door as my chest rises and falls heavily. Water drips from my temples and roves down my face before dropping to my slightly exposed breasts. I kick off my shoes and head for the kitchen, grabbing out a pot and throwing it on the stove. I turn it on and dump the macaroni in before grabbing out my Reece's and ripping open the package.