Crashing

££££

I touch the purple sparkly fabric of the dress Reed got me. I dismissed the idea of it having an owner when I spotted the tag. Knowing that he bought this just for me makes my stomach do flips. He's been giving me all the best presents.

I text Quinn that I'm doing my hair and makeup then I'll be on my way.

My phone chimes just as I step into my heels and my heart picks up a beat when I see its Reed.

🔴Be good tonight.

I make no promises (; 🔵

I smile at my bratty ways and suddenly I want to be with him rather than at my birthday party.

I've been dreaming of him longer.

🔴Watch it.

Yes, Sir.🔵

I make my way to Quinn's quickly. The lights and balloons displayed on and around her house could be seen for blocks. There's tons of cars and people in front and I smile excitedly. She and 30 others stand, waiting. She did an amazing job. I leap from the car. I don't see Gael.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Everyone yells, blowing confetti and purple and pink powder cannons. Im shocked, and my sight is slightly diminished.

"You amazing, beautiful, girl. You're the bestest friend a girl could have." Quinn hugs me back as I embrace her fiercely.

"Welcome to your 17th, hon. Come on." Everyone hugs me. All the people I know from school showed up and I couldn't be happier.

"Thank you." I mouth to Quinn as everyone continues to pull me in.

"I hope you guys didn't think this was it," she said. "Come on, the party is in the back." I'm even more impressed when I step into her backyard. A bonfire is going, tables of spiked punch and drinking games are scattered all around, lights are hung, backdrops for pictures were put up, there's balloons everywhere, and there's a wicked DJ playing. It's breathtaking.

"This is awesome!" I say. Everyone scatters to the Super Bowl Jungle Juice. I'd always wanted to have some of that.

"Aht Aht, Everyone. Birthday girl first!" Quinn yells over the booming speakers. She grabs a special glass with birthday girl written on it and fills it with the delicious drink. There's pineapples, gummy bears, and a ton of other fresh fruits and candy. I devour half my glass as everyone around me cheers. It's delicious. Unfortunately, I'm not supposed to drink.

Booze here, can I pretty please partake? 🔵

🔴 1 drink. Since it's your birthday. Careful.

"That was so good!" I say, tasting the liquor immediately after. I move away as the bin quickly empties and everyone goes their separate ways. "This is amazing, Quinn, thank you so much." It was getting crazy fast. The music poured out of the speakers and the fire was blazing to the left of me.

"It's what I'm here for. Let's go take some pictures." So we did, then we played beer pong and some other fun drinking games (I enjoyed the water). I had s'mores and hung out with people I hadn't talked to in awhile and overall I was having a blast. The food was keeping me from getting too drunk with the 1 massive cup I have in my hand. If I was going to have 1 cup it's going to do me well. I was starting to really feel it.

"A shot for the birthday girl!" Quinn shakes me, making me slightly dizzy. Everyone starts cheering, even Jordan who decided to show up. I'm bummed Gael didn't show, but of course I understand.

"Quinn, noo, I'm getting so drunk." I pout half lying.

"Yeah, that's the point!" She hands me a rather large shot glass and after pressuring me, we throw them back. It no longer burns my throat on the way down. "Oh my god, how dare she show her face here, at my house, at your birthday party." I follow Quinn's glare and find Jordan's Ex; Daphne. The one that he treats better.

"Why the fuck are you here?" Quinn snaps at Daphne, making Daphne smirk and cross her arms.

"My boyfriend invited me." She replies, knowing just how to get under Quinn's skin. I want to watch the fight break out but my phone rings in my hand and it's an unknown number. Reed, maybe?

"Hello?" I stick my finger in my free ear to sound out the party.

"Don't go home!" It's Opee. "Shit is going down, Nova." My heart halts and drops to the pit of my stomach.

"Opee, what the hell are you talking about? I'm drunk, I can't drive. What's going on?" I stumble to the front of the house where it's quieter.

"Shit! They raided your house, Fynn's been arrested." All my worst fears come into focus, and my faded mind can't handle it. Bellamy is going to be so mad at me, as he very well should. This is why I shouldn't drink!

"Wh- What?" I fall to the grass as tears stream down my cheeks, no doubt smearing my make up.

"Just find somewhere to stay, but don't go home otherwise social services will take you and stick you in a group home." I fall to my back.

"They'll issue a warrant, Op. I can't run. I have school, I have too much to loose." My TA internship and Reed most importantly. I groan, my head spinning and my stomach turning. "Where's Trez??" I ask. He sighs, and I know that's bad news.

"Hospital, Nova. He was shot tonight. A lot of shit went down I just need to make sure you're safe. Your brothers orders. I have his money, which is yours now, and his car."

"Wait? Trez was shot? By who? When? Was Fynn there?" I have a thousand questions, and such a fear inside I can't comprehend.

"He'll pull through. It was a through N' through. They had a deal, it went bad, Trez got shot, Fynn went home and that's when the police came through. Look, Fynn doesn't want you to worry." I roll my eyes, and think of my brother. How annoying he is but how much I love him nonetheless.

"How much time could he be looking at?" I ask through sobs.

"He flushed his stash when he got home so they didn't find anything there. It could've been worse. He'll do a couple years. Maybe 3." 3 years without my brother? Without him, I'm all alone. Pink streams liter the dry grass, and small flocks of partiers stand in circles talking and laughing.

"I have to go home." I tell him. Knowing his fear is me being put into the system, but what other choice do I have? I have nowhere to run.

"He's going to kill me." Opee replies sullenly.

"I'll be fine, promise. And he can't touch you considering where he is. I'll text you when I get home." I hang up and wipe away my tears. I'm not sure if I should find Quinn or just walk home. I decide to text her 'I'm leaving and I'll explain later' then I order an Uber. 5 minutes later I'm on my way home.

"Jesus." The front doors been kicked in and the lock is broken. There's a single vacant police patrol car in the driveway so I search the house for the officer whom the car belongs to. He's a chubby man with balding hair and he's standing in the dining room. "Officer?"

"I'm sorry, Ma'am, you can't be in here." He tells me, trying to usher me out.

"I live here, you arrested my brother."