34 Hours

££££

  Reed's POV

I don't know when I began to hate coming home, but driving there now I'm filled with dread. After last night, everything has changed for me. My world spun on its axis. The things I revealed to Nova, the revelations I made on my own. She makes me happy, and for once I think I can finally have that.

"Shit." When I pull into the driveway I see Kelsey and Jon's red Subaru. We didn't end up going to their house warming party due to Bria discovering my Kink. Guess this is the rain check.

"Hey, hon!" She greets.

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask casually, kissing her on the cheek. She drags me to our formal dining room and there sitting at our table are the most boring fucking people I've ever met in my life.

"Jon, Kelsey, nice to see you." I shake their hands as Bria fixes me a plate in the kitchen.

"You, too. So, how are the kids?" Kelsey asks, flirting with me casually, right in front of her husband.

"Good. The same." I take a seat and we talk about what you'd expect. I'm thinking of Nova the entire time. Bria has to shake me every so often to pull back my attention.

"Bellamy, What the hell is going on?" She wonders after Kelsey and Jon leave. I hand her a dry dish to put away and wipe my wet hands.

"I'm stressed." I respond.

"You're not here, Bellamy! Ever. And when you are, your in your head, can't hold conversations. I mean, what is going on?" She pushes, boiling my blood.

"Was this a test? To see how I'd act around your perfect married friends? Or just another ploy to get me thinking about kids? I may have been keeping to myself but I picked up on the countless conversations about children!" I don't want to take it out on her, she's not irrational for wanting kids. But treating me like a kid she could persuade with her friends is unacceptable.

She walks over and attempts to slap me across my face, but I fell for that once with Novalie, so I grab her arm and put it down.

  "Get out. Go get Novalie and bring her home. Then you can sleep on the couch, or wherever it is that you've been the past couple months." She yells at me before turning and walking away.

"Gladly!"

****

Novalie's POV

My phone rings in my pocket as I make my way down the gloomy street. It's dark and I'm really missing my car.

"Hello?"

"I'm on my way." Reed's voice comes through hard and cold and I instantly know something is wrong.

"Sir, what's wrong?" I ask sweetly. He sighs.

"Nothing, Little One, I'm on my so be ready." He orders.

"I'm already walking—"

"What did I say?" I wish he'd just tell me what's pissing him off. I don't think I did anything to upset him.

"Yes, Sir." When I click the end button I'm suddenly grabbed from behind. I kick, I scream and then I feel a sharp pain and everything goes black.

When I come to I'm on a cold, cement floor, tied up by my wrists and ankles.

  Well if this isn't familiar.

  But this wasn't him, this is someone else, someone who really does want to hurt me. I pull the binds as I look across the room. I find a familiar face sitting on a mattress tied up; it's Dom. She's crying with a clothe in her mouth and she looks terrified and dirty.