21.

AN-thanks for all of the support!
Q-Do you see a romantic interest forming for Effie? If so, who? I am open to suggestions.
Edit: I have kind of chosen Harry but the main journey in the story will be Effie's, so romance isn't the main plot line. Thanks for all of the suggestions!!

On the day of her first Quidditch match, Effie was more than excited. She was decked out in all Gryffindor colors; a red and yellow scarf she found in her trunk, a red sweater Neville lent her that smelled like plants and dirt, and red and yellow face paint she'd let a strange 2nd year she'd never met paint on her face.

At breakfast, the entire Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables were rowdy with cheers and encouragement for their players. Harry might have also been decked out in red and yellow, but it looked as though he was rooting for Slytherin with how green his face was. It was still early so Hermione and Ron weren't down in the Great Hall yet, and Harry was sitting alone at the table. Effie plopped herself down next to him and served two waffles onto his empty plate that he was staring at as if a strong enough gaze could make him disappear.

"Eat. A hungry seeker is bad for the team."

Harry looked up at her and attempted a smile which came across weaker than he was imagining.

"I'm not hungry I'm just nervous."

"Those two things do not go hand in hand."

"I'm afraid if I eat anything I'll just throw it up during the match."

"I can assure you that won't happen. Now, as my mom used to say...," Effie lifted the container of syrup above Harry's head, making his eyes widen and snap up from his plate to Effie's face to determine if she was serious or not. She was dead serious. "...Eat it or wear it." (My mom actually says this. And she follows through.)

Harry immediately shoveled the waffles into his mouth and held his hands up in surrender when he was finished. Satisfied, Effie lowered the syrup holder and served herself a piece of toast.

"I know you're going to do great so don't worry."

He smiled more sincerely this time and they sat eating in silence until Ron came down and started to chatter excitedly.

"Today's the first match Harry, are you excited?"

Harry shrugged and poked at the waffle crumbs on his plate. Ron continued to talk to him and his hyping made Harry feel much better. Effie finished her piece of toast and stood up to leave before hesitating and leaning down to speak to Harry.

"This is going to be my first Quidditch game ever. No pressure."

Harry's ease faded.

As Effie walked to leave the Great Hall and get good seats for the match, she ran into none other than the Hufflepuff Quidditch captain himself.

"Hi Evelyn."

"You have a great memory Diggory."

"Rooting for Hufflepuff today?"

"Nah, can't say that I am. I'll be supporting Gryffindor today, including Gryffindor's seeker which means I'll be rooting against you, but good luck."

"Thanks Evelyn-"

Cedric was cut off by Fred and George Weasley grabbing Effie by her elbows and dragging her out of the Great Hall. She shot Cedric an apologetic glance which he returned with a nod of understanding. Once he was out of sight the twins let her go and looked at her angrily.

"You're talking to the enemy!" Fred accused with narrowed eyes.

"And on the day of our Quidditch match too!" George added with a gasp of fake offense.