43.

AN: Hey y'all! It's been a while... and I'm sorry. This chapter was giving me hella grief. I came to the computer everyday for months with a fresh mind and a willingness to write and this chapter repaid me by slapping me in the face and murdering my will to live. I can't wait to get back to writing Hogwarts content! Love you and sorry for the late post. Fuck college am I right? Doesn't stop for summer :)

"Effie, what the hell happened to your hair ?!"

Effie let her bags fall to the floor of the train compartment with a muted thump, wiping fake sweat off of her forehead to exaggerate her exhaustion.

"Thanks for the help with my luggage, pal."

Seamus ignored her and stepped forward, playing with a lock of her newly golden hair between his fingers.

"Blonde," he stated plainly, as if in shock.

"I know you saw me struggling through the window-"

"Blonde," he interrupted.

"-and you just stared at me with your mouth gaping like a fish-"

"Blonde."

"No shit Sherlock!"

Effie batted away Seamus' hand and hefted her luggage onto the overhead compartment, again with no help from him. She then turned to Lavender - who also notably did not help carry Effie's bags, even though their increased weight was in part due to her excessive shopping addiction - and waved goodbye as she headed to meet Parvati.

"Bye Ef!" Lavender called behind her.

"See you in a bit Lav!" Effie called back.

Seamus had the decency to wait for the Lavender to disappear before he began his mocking.

"Lav? Ef? Not to mention the blonde. My Godric, what have you become?"

Effie whacked him on the side of his head hard enough to sting.

"Shut up! Quit being a wanker and give me a hug, dipshit."

Seamus' grimace of pain quickly melted into a smile as he embraced Effie in his arms.

"I've really bloody missed you."

"I know."

"Summer was shit without you."

"I know."

"You're blonde."

"I know."

Seamus pulled away and looked again at Effie's hair.

"Welp. It'll take some getting used to."

"I don't doubt it," she laughed.

"Your hair!" Dean's voice rang out from behind her. She whipped around to face him, laughing as he dramatically dropped his bags and held his hands up to his cheeks in exaggerated shock. "It's... it's BLONDE!"

"You boys have such great observational skills," Effie drawled, opening her arms for a hug.

Dean sprinted at her - full force - and knocked her over in an attempt to return her hug. The breath was knocked out of Effie at the force, but once she gained enough air to breathe properly again, she laughed. While he trapped her on the floor, Dean twirled a piece of blonde hair around his finger in a manner similar to Seamus earlier.

"Blonde," he repeated as Effie shoved him off.

"Yes but what do you think of it? All you've both been saying is 'blonde' over and over again. Do you dislike it?"