8.

Effie was late for her first class ever at Hogwarts. Talking to the paintings had distracted her so much that she didn't even hear the clock chime for classes to begin. She knew, however, that Professor Trelawney wouldn't care. Besides, it couldn't hurt to be fashionably late. Moving up the stairs at a sprint, Effie, reached the ladder to the Divination classroom and climbed it eagerly.

When she stepped into the classroom, all eyes turned to her. The wide-eyed woman in the center of the room with thick glasses and wild hair. She paused in her string of vague predictions to look at Effie. All of the stares caused a blush to crawl over Effie's freckled nose. The woman seemed almost memorized by the dark blues of Effie's eyes as she held eye contact for an unusually long time.

Breaking the awkward eye contact, Effie found a seat next to Neville and sat down quickly. The room remained silent, however. It was after about a minute of uncomfortable shuffling and confused glances that Professor Trelawney looked away from Effie like snapping out of a trance.

"Where was I? Oh, you, beware of a red haired man." Professor Trelawney warned Pavarti who shifted away from Ron uncomfortably.

The entire situation was hilarious to Effie and a few others. While her peers could contain their amusement, she couldn't help but burst out in laughter. Many people in the class turned to face Effie's outburst, including Ron who was growing beet red.

"What's so funny?"

Oops. C'mon Effie push through.

"Do you think you are the only red-haired man in the world? I bet your siblings would beg to differ. You aren't a danger to Pavarti over here but I know of two ginger twins who just love...mischief."

Ron turned a deep red and scoffed while the class's attention was drawn back to the professor who was predicting the thing Lavender feared coming true in October and one of the students leaving her class by Easter.

"I'll bet right now it's you." Effie whispered to Hermione who had just appeared behind her, causing her to giggle.

"Bloody 'ell when did she get here?"

"I've been here the whole time, Ronald."

Trelawney cleared her throat.

"Today, we'll be doing tea leaves. Grab a partner, drink your tea, and use your books to interpret the shapes of your tea leaves."

Effie turned to Neville who had already stood up to fetch them cups and she had to yell across the room for him to hear her.

"Can you bring me a blue one? I think our professor favorites the pink ones and I'd hate to waste one on me."

Neville shot her a confused look and went to fetch them their cups and tea. He got a blue cup for Effie and a pink one for himself when he dropped the pink one and it shattered into a million pieces on the floor. Blushing profusely, he got a second blue cup for himself and walked back over to Effie.

"Did you know I'd break it?"

Everyone surrounding her seemed interested in her answer.

"I just wanted a blue one. Also, Neville darling... I know everything," she laughed, but to her it wasn't a joke. Maybe a few secrets slipped wouldn't be too bad. "Don't let Divination scare you."

The class downed their teas to get to their leaves and opened their books. They then swirled the cup three times with their left hands and laid it upside-down on their saucers. 

Neville tilted her cup and his head, looking absolutely ridiculous as he tried to read Effie's tea leaves. 

"I see a blob. And... another blob. Ooh! This one kind of looks like a hawk. Or, you know, another blob."