32.

AN: Hey y'all, I'm sorry for not posting in a while. I've been so busy with college applications and school work as well as my job that I haven't really had time. I've also been going through a slump because of my lack of posting. I was really afraid that a lot of my readers have removed this from their libraries and don't care about it anymore and I didn't want to write a bad chapter and disappoint y'all. I really hope you enjoy this chapter and as always, I love your feedback.

On April 1st, Dean, Neville, and Seamus walked into The Cove, called to their secret hideout by a note from Effie, owled to them that morning in the Great Hall. When the boys hadn't sensed the note's urgency and had continued to consume their breakfasts, Buffy had snapped at their fingers and hooted loudly. Upon being shushed, the bird had taken to flapping its wings with fervor, smacking the boys on the backs of their heads and drawing the eyes of their fellow students.

With damaged fingers and heads and even more bruised egos, the boys had intended to meet Effie where she designated at the Round Table and give her a piece of their minds about controlling her bird. Barging into the room however, they discovered that it was empty.

"Did that bloody bird just rush us to a meeting that Effie hasn't even arrived at yet?!" Seamus complained before slumping into his chair.

His foxes, sensing his frustrated, nuzzled him comfortingly, slowly releasing the tension from his shoulders and cooling his anger. Dean's stallion chair welcomed him similarly as he followed Seamus' lead by sitting. With hands held over his stomach, he groaned dramatically.

"I'm so hungry! What's this meeting even about?"

Neville, stuck in the doorway being swarmed by Bowtruckles, shrugged.

"Maybe she's just running a little late."

"She's always running a late... must be a girl thing" Seamus mumbled before jumping out of his chair and yelping.

"Ow! What in the bloody hell was that?!"

"Was what?" Neville questioned, taking a seat in his own chair.

"Something just shocked me!"

"Dude, you're exaggerating. It's probably just static." Dean joined in.

"Static?! On a wooden chair?! No, I don't think so. It bloody hurt."

He jumped into the air again, waving his arms in front of his body as if to protect himself before dropping to his knees, hunched over in a fit of laugher. Wheezing and holding his stomach, he began to roll around on the floor. Neville and Dean met each other's eyes in panic.

"A girl thing, Finnigan?!" Effie's voice rang out across the room, shocking the other two boys out of their chairs.

"What the hell?!"

"It's witchcraft!"

"No shit, Dean! Of course it's bloody witchcraft!"

"Watch your language, you dick!"

The boys clung to the walls in a panic. Seamus struggled to catch his breath on the floor before darting his gaze around the room in a panic.

"Effie?! Was that you?!"

He stood slowly, walking closer to where Dean and Neville had fled and scanned the room intensely. The boys all made eye contact before shaking their heads, a silent agreement never to discuss the unmanliness of their frightful reactions. They took their seats again and tried to compose themselves, but they never got the chance.

"Hello knights," came a voice from the center of the table.

Neville ducked underneath the thick wood, morphing himself into a ball on the ground in a way so cowardly even his lion chair rolled its eyes. The chair's annoyance quickly shifted to Dean, who let out a rather high pitched shriek and threw himself into Seamus's arms. Seamus had a similar reaction, screaming in the resemblance of a little girl and lunging for Dean. The two met at the unicorn chair in a fearful embrace and held each other for a few moments before jumping apart and turning dark shades of red. Neville crawled out from beneath the table, joining Dean and Seamus near the unicorns. At first, he didn't understand why two of his best friends had their jaws dropped and eyes widened in such an exaggerated fashion. Then, he turned towards the table and his face mirrored their own.