𝒙𝒗𝒊. DANGER

━━━━ 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 !
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

A few minutes had elapsed since the traumatizing shootout that occurred in what was supposed to be the Byers' safe haven. Everyone was shaken up, the distant memory of clamorous gunshots continuing to rumble inside their heads.

Argyle was blatantly unfazed by the frightening situation his friends had just experienced. He drove the van at a steady pace, humming along to the radio and tapping his fingers against the steering wheel as if it were an ordinary day.

The interior of the van wasn't the most comfortable environment for Will, who was in the midst of having an intense panic attack. It was hot and sticky with humidity and reeked strongly of marijuana.

Will, Mike, Jonathan, and Agent Harmon were seated within close proximity of one another, the heat of their bodies causing the temperature to spike. Will had tried almost every remedy in the books in hopes of calming himself down, but nothing seemed to do the trick. If only he could snag some of Argyle's infamous Purple Palm Tree Delight.

Scratch that. He didn't need to rely on drugs to ease his nerves. If he had managed to survive an entire week in an alternative dimension, he was more than capable of surviving a panic attack.

"It's okay, Will," Jonathan whispered in a weak attempt to calm his brother's nerves. "Just take deep breaths."

Will parted his lips and took a few shaky breaths of air, his entire body stricken with fear. Mike noticed his behavior and immediately pitched in to assist him.

"Will," He spoke in a gentle manner, using the same tone he always used while speaking to his best friend. "We're safe, I promise. I won't let anything happen to you."

Will sniffled, his lips quivering as wet tears glided down his face. Mike seized his trembling hand and gave it a firm squeeze. The panicked boy's palms were clammy yet remarkably soft. He didn't allow himself to make eye contact with the ravenette, as he could already feel the pink hue spreading across his cheeks from his delicate touch.

"Deep breaths, Will. Breathe with me."

Will followed his breathing patterns until he was almost entirely calmed down. He felt a large pang of embarrassment due to the fact that he had a full-blown panic attack in front of his crush, but he couldn't complain about the pure ecstasy of holding Mike's hand.

After Mike released Will's hand, he felt a sense of emptiness sprouting inside his body. He didn't understand why he missed the sensation of his best friend's hand in his own. He assumed it was because he missed El. Holding anyone's hand would provide him with comfort . . . right?

"Thank you," Will managed.

Mike gave him a warm smile and squeezed his shoulder, causing the blush on Will's cheeks to grow twenty shades darker.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🎱 ꒱

Argyle sped along the empty roads occupying a desert-like area. The boys in the back of the van were busy caring for Agent Harmon, whose bullet wound only seemed to worsen as time went on.

"Keep pressure on it!" Jonathan ordered.

Will and Mike obediently applied more pressure to the wound. Blood continued to splurge out of it, staining the boys' hands as well as the floor of the vehicle, so it was evident that their technique wasn't working.

"It's not slowing!" The younger of the Byers boys cried out in desperation.

"Just keep putting pressure on it!" His brother hollered. "More pressure! Get the napkins!"

Will didn't believe that a thin stack of napkins would be enough to stop the rapid flow of blood oozing from Agent Harmon's dying body. However, the resources were limited, so the boys had to make do with what they had on hand. Mike and Will frantically scoured the van for the napkins while maintaining pressure on the agent's wound.

"Argyle! Get us to St. Mary's!" Jonathan demanded.

"I don't think praying's gonna help that dude, man!" Argyle fired back, a hint of anxiousness lingering beneath his voice.

"No, you idiot! St. Mary's Hospital!"

"No, no," Agent Harmon interrupted, waving his index finger at the shaggy-haired teenager. "No hospital."

"No, no. We're gonna get you to the hospital!" Jonathan reassured him.

"You . . . you need to warn . . . Owens."

"Owens, okay." He nodded, signaling for him to continue.

"The girl," Agent Harmon mumbled. "She's . . . she's in danger."

"Okay, how do we find Owens?" Jonathan queried.

"Nina," The dying man sputtered.

"Nina. Who's Nina?" Mike asked.

"Come on! A pen!" Will exclaimed.

"Here's the number," The agent started.

"Number. Number," Jonathan mumbled, thinking to himself.

"He wants to write something!"

"We can call this Nina?"

"Grab a magazine or something!"

"Will, get something!"

"He's really bleeding a lot!"

"Right here," Will cried, holding up a magazine he found on the floor. "Write the number!"

Agent Harmon's eyes began to close, his breathing slowing and eventually coming to an abrupt halt.

"Hey! Look at me!" Jonathan screamed. "Hey! Come on!"

Everyone went silent in a matter of seconds. Agent Harmon was dead, and they hadn't gotten the phone number they desperately needed in order to locate El.

"Hey, yo, yo, yo. Wait, wait, wait, wait," Argyle panicked. "Why is it so quiet back there, huh?"

No response.

"Is he dead? Jesus, man," Argyle groaned. "Talk to me! Shit!"

Suddenly, the screeching of tires sounded from behind the van. Jonathan immediately took notice, his eyes widening with fear when he realized they were being chased.

"We should get off the road," He gulped.

Will glanced up and had the same reaction as his older brother.

"Argyle, get off the road! Now!" He hollered.

"Shit, he's dead, isn't he?" Argyle spoke, his mind still focused on the deceased man in the back of the vehicle. "This is real bad!"

"What are you doing?" Jonathan wailed.

"Get off the road!" The three boys hollered simultaneously.

Argyle swerved off the road as fast as possible, speeding away until he stumbled upon a setting with zero signs of life. It looked like the perfect spot to hide out and come up with a plan.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 !
yesterday was my first day of senior year & it doesn't feel real tbh like i'm still in the mindset that i'm a junior