𝒙𝒍. TEAM

━━━━ 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 !
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

After regrouping with the others per Joyce's instructions, a familiar feeling drove itself back into Will's nerves. That damned tickling sensation caused goosebumps to form and send shivers throughout his entire body. He best described it as paraesthesia, otherwise known as the "pins and needles" one would experience while overcoming numbness.

His instincts urged him to tilt his head up so that his gaze was fixated on the sky rather than the folks surrounding him. The atmosphere looked uncannily ordinary, which was quite surprising considering the warning signs Vecna had sent to prick at his neck. The Byers boy had expected to see a shadowy figure hovering above him from behind the clouds, taunting him like a bully threatening to steal his lunch money.

Just then, what Will determined to be the loudest growl of thunder he had ever heard rumbled in the distance. Its vociferous roar startled him enough to make him flinch and tremble with fear.

Having noticed his boyfriend's anxiousness, Mike slowly maneuvered his way next to him and delicately wrapped an arm around his shoulders. Will slowly leaned into the touch, not caring whether or not his family witnessed it. After all, if the world really was ending, the sight of two boys showing affection to one another would be the least of their concerns.

Seconds later, a flurry of white particles began to descend from above. It almost looked like a peaceful snowfall; an unexpected sight to behold in the beginning of spring. However, the crew knew that the particles weren't snowflakes. In fact, they knew exactly where they came from.

The Upside Down.

Will could practically feel his trauma pounding on his skull and welcoming itself back into his brain. He had managed to blockade the nightmares and anxiety attacks that resulted from his time spent in the Upside Down from his head, but that success had quickly become a failure again. The mere sight of the white flakes was powerful enough to remind him of the traumatic events.

Eleven stood behind her step-brother with a puzzled expression plastered to her face. She hesitantly stuck out her index finger and allowed one of the particles to land on it, remaining optimistic by praying that the white specks falling from the sky were snowflakes. However, the particle didn't melt after making contact with her skin, so her positive outlook was crushed.

It didn't make an ounce of sense. They were in Hawkins — the real Hawkins, not the one located in an alternate dimension. How in the world were the traits of the Upside Down making their way into the actual realm of Hawkins, Indiana?

It appeared as if the Upside Down was gradually swallowing Hawkins whole, penetrating the town with its blood-curdling elements. The gang quite literally wouldn't be capable of escaping the dilemma they were faced with unless they fled the town, which wasn't exactly an option. They were undeniably screwed.

All throughout the quaint town, residents gazed up at the sky in astonishment, wondering what it was that was descending from above if not snow. It was only mesmerizing to them because they weren't aware of the sickening truth behind it.

The crew stood in complete silence, their stillness making them resemble the figures found in wax museums. It was difficult to fathom the fact that their worst nightmares had come true.

Life in Hawkins was, as Suzie Bingham would say, a "never-ending story." An infinitely long battle against creatures that supposedly only existed in Dungeons & Dragons and fantasy novels. Monsters that nobody else believed were real because they hadn't seen them firsthand.