𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. NO SIGN OF STOPPING

━━━━  𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 !
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Following their disheartening hospital visit with Max Mayfield, Jonathan chauffeured Will, El, and Mike to Hopper's abandoned cabin, where they planned to temporarily shelter El until everything settled down. Nancy and Argyle had volunteered to tag along as well.

Ironically, even after the absurd tragedy that struck Hawkins like a second Big Bang, Mother Nature's remarkable beauty remained exactly the way it was. Bundles of leafy green trees towered over everyone's heads, providing them with plenty of shade from the blazing sun. The clouds, which were practically transparent, gave way to showcase the bright blue sky. The temperature wasn't too warm nor chilly, making it the ideal spring afternoon.

On the other hand, the man-made creations of Hawkins didn't have nearly as much luck. A handful of buildings located in the town square had erupted in flames while others corroded as a result of the "earthquake." Many families had tragically lost their homes and had no choice but to evacuate the small town. The casualties that occurred caused a tsunami of depression to obliterate everyone's mental health.

When the teenagers hopped out of the van, they were promptly met with the peaceful sounds of birds singing to one another as well as leaves rustling while they swayed in the mild breeze. Mounds of leaves and twigs crackled beneath their feet as they walked towards Hopper's worn-down cabin, which hadn't changed too drastically since the horrific battle against the Mind Flayer.

El sharply inhaled a breath of fresh air, fighting back a river of tears at the mere sight of her former home. She and her late father had made countless memories in the compact cabin. She underestimated how difficult it would be to visit it for the first time since his tragic death.

Despite the overwhelming whirlwind of emotions she was experiencing in that moment, El knew that she needed to stay strong — not only for herself, but her friends and family as well. She slowly exhaled, releasing a deep breath she hadn't realized she was holding, and trailed behind the rest of the group as they approached the front door.

Jonathan took it upon himself to unlock the door, wincing at the creaky sounds it emitted. His jaw dropped when he caught a glimpse of its interior. The place was by no means suitable for living. It was a complete train wreck, to say the least.

"Oh, Jesus," The teenager huffed at the sight of the absolute monstrosity of a living space.

"Holy shit," Mike said while scrutinizing the cabin's interior. "This place is a total disaster."

"Yeah," Jonathan promptly nodded in agreement, remaining relatively quiet before catching sight of the enormous hole in the roof. "Well, that's a bit of a problem."

"I know we've got to hide Supergirl and all, but this isn't exactly the Fortress of Solitude, man," Argyle remarked. "It's more like a fortress of grodiness."

"Come on, guys, seriously," Nancy scoffed, trying to bite back the smile creeping onto her face as she headed over to the sink. "I've seen Mike's room look worse than this."

"Brutal, dude," Argyle chuckled.

Will had to stifle his laughter at Nancy's remark, as he could confirm that Mike's room was an absolute pigsty. Clothes thrown everywhere but his laundry basket, half-empty glasses of water perched on every flat surface, and dozens of candy wrappers littered his room no matter how many times his mother scolded him for it.