𝒗. PROBLEMS

━━━━  𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 !
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Momentarily after Mike, El, and Will stepped onto the jam-packed rink, Angela and her friend group waltzed into the building as if they owned the place. The cheeky blonde girl promptly spotted her usual target and immediately stopped in her tracks.

"Oh my God, guys," She gasped, nodding toward El. "Check it out."

The brunette girl was skating hand-in-hand with a tall, scrawny figure who Angela couldn't recognize. She squinted her eyes, observing the boy's features in an attempt to figure out his identity. He had dark, scruffy hair, chocolatey brown eyes, and fair skin. His rosy cheeks were dotted with a constellation of freckles and his lips were curved into a vivacious smile.

"Who's that twig with her?" Angela's boyfriend, Jake, snickered.

"I don't know," The blonde replied, furrowing her eyebrows in suspicion. "But it seems like the snitch has a boyfriend."

"Told you spring break's gonna be fun," Jake smirked, nudging his girlfriend excitedly.

Angela's lips curled into a devious smile, as if she had a scandalous idea up her sleeve — something that would utterly humiliate the innocent girl for eternity. And boy, did she have a plan.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🎱 ꒱

After roughly thirty minutes of miserably skating by himself, Will decided to take a break in hopes to clear his frazzled mind. He sat himself in an empty booth and heaved a sigh of relief — he had finally escaped the congested rink and no longer had to witness Mike gawking at El as if she were an angel who had fallen from Heaven.

However, his beloved moment of peace was abruptly brought to a halt when a familiar chorus of synchronized laughter filled his ears. He slowly cranked his head around and spotted Mike and El, who had purchased milkshakes and were approaching the booth.

Still recovering from their laughing fit, the couple plopped into the cushioned seats across from Will and turned a blind eye to his presence. They took turns sampling each other's milkshakes, cracking cheesy jokes, and making flirtatious remarks.

"Mm-hmm, mm-hmm, mm-hmm. Yup, mine's better," Mike declared after taking a sip of El's chocolate milkshake.

"No it isn't," El argued in a playful manner.

Will slouched in his seat, fidgeting with his watch to distract himself from the couple's antics. Mike opened his mouth to fire a sarcastic comment at his girlfriend, but he was interrupted before he had the chance to do so.

"Milkshakes? Yum!"

Will instantaneously recognized that sickeningly familiar voice. He slowly glanced up to confirm that his ears weren't deceiving him. They weren't.

Angela hovered above their table, her hands gripping the edge to assist her in balancing herself. She had a malicious grin on her face, giving Will the impression that something terrible was going to occur.

"Where, oh where have you been hiding this handsome thing?" The blonde asked, gesturing toward Mike.

"Uh, Angela, thi- this is Mike. My boyfriend."

"Angela. Pleasure," She smiled, reaching out so Mike could shake her hand.

"Heard a lot about you," Mike beamed. "It's really cool to finally meet some of El- Jane's friends."