𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. TRY BEFORE YOU DENY

━━━━  𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 !
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Will wasn't sure where he expected Argyle to take them, but Surfer Boy Pizza was at the very bottom of his mental list of possibilities — no, scratch that. The idea was so outlandish that it didn't make his list at all.

"You've got to be shitting me," Mike groaned, wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead as he hopped out of the faded yellow van.

"Trust me on this one, my dudes," Argyle proudly exclaimed, his brown eyes fixated on the vibrant, surfboard-shaped sign above the establishment.

Merely days ago, Will wouldn't have had a single ounce of faith in his brother's long-haired friend. However, after witnessing him point out the tire tracks that led them to Eleven, he realized that he was far brighter than he seemed. There was no doubt that he was capable of locating enough salt for a sensory deprivation tub.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🎱 ꒱

Upon waltzing into the pizzeria, which reeked heavily of greasy pizza and cleaning chemicals, the group was met with a teenage employee sanitizing the menu screens perched above the countertops. He appeared to be the only one working the closing shift, as the restaurant was dead silent.

"Surf's up, my dude!" Argyle greeted the stranger with profound confidence, making it appear as if he knew him personally.

The employee automatically whipped his head around at the sound of the unfamiliar voice and dropped the rag he was using. Once he realized it was just a group of teenagers and not a serial killer, he let out an evident sigh of relief.

"Uh, whoa. Nice shirt, my dude!" He exclaimed, nodding toward Argyle's eye-catching ensemble.

"Thanks, my dude!"

"Uh, listen. I would love to feed a fellow Surfer Boy, but kitchen closed, like, five minutes ago, so . . . no more pies tonight, man."

"That's all right, my dude," Argyle chuckled. "We're not here for your tasty pies."

The employee quirked an inquisitive eyebrow as if he were silently requesting some form of clarification.

"You see this weird girl behind me?" Argyle motioned his head in the direction of a mildly uncomfortable El, who shot an awkward smile at the employee. "She needs a tub with a bunch of salt so we can enhance her psychic powers so she can save the world from this super bad dude. But to make this salty tub, we require your kitchen."

"Ah," The employee slowly nodded, his tired eyes staring off into space. "Well, it's just, uh . . . I'm supposed to meet Chaz at Taco Bell in, like, ten. So . . ."

"My dude," Jonathan spoke up, his eyes watery and bloodshot from the marijuana. "We're not asking you to help for free."

He swiftly reached into Argyle's shirt pocket and yanked out a spare joint as if he were performing some sort of magic trick.

"You ever partake in Purple Palm Tree Delight? It'll make all your troubles float away like the seed pods of a dandelion in the wind."

Jonathan's poetic approach was somehow convincing enough to get the employee to exit the establishment, giving himself and the rest of the crew the perfect opportunity to get to work.