𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. AMERICANTENDO

━━━━ 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 !
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

"Well, great, she's not here," Jonathan scoffed after he and the others barged into Suzie's neatly organized attic-bedroom.

The room itself was incredibly spacious and surprisingly cozy. The walls were plastered with dozens of academic awards and framed pictures of Jesus. The warm air smelled like a mixture of rose-scented shampoo and sawdust.

Before anyone could bring themselves to muster up another complaint about the girl's absence, the window creaked. Faint squeaking and clattering noises sounded from outside. The sounds were barely audible, but they were enough to let the boys know that they weren't alone.

"Give her a shove," Mike remarked, leading the crew to the partially opened window.

They peered their heads outside and spotted a brunette girl standing on the roof with a yellow construction hat fastened to her head. She appeared to be making adjustments to Cerebro, the invention she and Dustin used to keep in touch with one another.

"Suzie!" Mike called out, causing the girl to flinch in surprise.

"Yeah?" She yelled back, craning her head around to face the boys. "Who the heck are you? And what are you doing in my room?"

"Sorry, that's . . . that's fair!" The Wheeler teen apologized, squinting his eyes to block out the sun.

"No, listen," Will spoke up. "We're Dustin's friends!"

"Yeah, and we really need your help!" Mike exclaimed, shooting a toothy grin in the girl's direction.

Suzie hesitated at first, but she reluctantly climbed back into her bedroom to talk to the boys. Knowing that they were friends with her beloved boyfriend was enough to convince her.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🎱 ꒱

"Okay, that is a lot to process," Suzie stated in response to the long explanation she had been provided with. "I mean, that might be the craziest thing I've ever heard."

"I know," Mike nodded in agreement. "It's hard to believe."

"But it's true," Jonathan chimed in. "It's all true."

Suzie carefully inspected the slip of paper that they had discovered inside of Agent Harmon's pen. She lightly traced her finger along the phone number, biting her lower lip in thought.

"I dial in to this computer and find a location, and at this location is . . . the Nina Project?" She asked, confirming that she had interpreted everything correctly.

"Exactly," Will responded.

"And the Nina Project is the code name for a video game?"

"Well, no, it's not just a video game," Mike blurted. "It's a video game console."

"It's basically America's answer to Nintendo," Will added.

"Americantendo," Argyle chimed in, to which Mike shot him a glare.

"That's a stupid name," The girl scoffed.