𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. MIRACLE

━━━━  𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 !
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Merely ten minutes later, Jonathan stationed the van next to the curb in front of the Wheeler family's driveway. With a smug grin on his face, the shaggy-haired teenager repeatedly honked the horn to snag everyone's undivided attention.

Perched at the peak of the driveway were Karen and Nancy Wheeler, Steve Harrington, Robin Buckley, and Dustin Henderson.

A distinctive look of relief washed over Mike's freckled face after he spotted his mother and older sister. Even after the colossal tragedy that had swallowed Hawkins, they were safe.

Karen squinted her eyes in an attempt to catch a better glimpse of the suspicious vehicle parked in front of her house. Surfer Boy Pizza? She didn't recall anybody ordering a pizza that afternoon, and she knew for a fact that Hawkins didn't contain any pizza establishments with that title.

As if they had overheard the endless string of notions spiraling through Karen's frazzled brain, the teenagers slid the vehicle's doors open and took turns leaping out of it, their faces glowing with sheer joyousness. It felt nothing short of surreal to finally reunite with the people they loved.

Without further hesitation, the teenagers dashed into the arms of their loved ones, nearly knocking them onto the asphalt in the process.

Mike gravitated towards his beloved mother, who had been worried sick about him for the entire week. Jonathan hurried over to Nancy, ecstatic to see her after what he considered to be the longest nine months of his life. In the meantime, Will and El bolted over to the infamous Dustin Henderson. Sobs of happiness and relief sounded from the small crowd as they basked in each other's presence.

"You are never going on vacation again, you hear me?" Karen snapped, grabbing her son's broad shoulders to emphasize her argument. "In fact, you can forget about college. You are staying right here!"

The blonde woman erupted into a frenzy of tears and pulled Mike back into her arms, causing a sheepish grin to spread across his freckled face.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🎱 ꒱

"Are you okay?" Jonathan questioned his beloved girlfriend, his chocolatey brown eyes brimming with all sorts of concerns.

"Yeah," Nancy swiftly nodded, flashing a toothy grin in his direction. "Yeah, I'm okay. But, Jonathan?"

"This isn't an earthquake — I know," The eldest of the Byers boys interrupted. "I know a lot more than you think."

"How?" The Wheeler girl whispered with bewilderment. "We've been trying to call you."

"I know," Jonathan cut her off a second time. "I'm sorry. We just couldn't risk contact."

"You couldn't risk contact?" Nancy echoed his abnormally perplexing sentence.

"I'll tell you everything, okay? I promise," He replied. "But, for now, I'm just glad you're safe."

"Okay," The girl chirped, shooting another smile of reassurance in his direction.

Jonathan cradled the girl's face with his hands and pressed a tender kiss to her forehead. She blushed profusely at his romantic gesture and pulled him in for another long-awaited embrace.