𝒙𝒙𝒗. COORDINATES

━━━━  𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 !
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

"Are we making any progress?" Jonathan tiredly asked to nobody in particular.

"Should be up on our right," Mike promptly responded, glancing down at the crinkled map he was referring to.

They were driving through what Will would describe as the middle of nowhere — miles upon miles of desert land with sand-dusted roads and zero signs of life. There had to have been some sort of mishap, but that wouldn't make any sense. Suzie Bingham had given them the coordinates, so they just had to be correct.

"There's nothing out here," The older of the Byers brothers huffed, a surge of irritability corrupting his brain.

Finally losing his cool, Jonathan brought the van to an abrupt halt without warning. Mike and Will jolted forward in their seats, nearly concussing themselves from the impact. On the bright side, Argyle was finally woken up from his rather lengthy power nap.

"We there already?" The stoner groggily asked while rubbing his eyes.

"Already? It's been nine hours," Will scoffed.

"It's gotta be around here somewhere," Mike exhaled, pinching the bridge of his nose in thought.

"What exactly are we looking for, my dudes?" Argyle asked through pursed lips.

"Some sort of facility," Will responded.

"A fence, a building," Mike added.

"Any signs of life would be nice," Jonathan mumbled.

"Since when did we decide Nina was a physical building and not a small woman?" Argyle questioned. "Sounds like a small woman to me."

Mike and Will slowly cranked their heads to face one another and shared a funny look. How in the world was Argyle still high? Shouldn't the weed have worn off during his nap?

"It's not a small woman," The ravenette groaned.

"A small woman out in this desert would be hard to see."

"How is he still high?" Will sneered.

"You're sure you got your measurements right?" Jonathan asked, whipping his head around to glance at the teenagers in the back.

"Yes, they're right," Mike confidently replied.

"You're one-hundred percent sure?"

"Yes!"

"Maybe the latitude and longitude are wrong," The eldest of the Byers siblings suggested.

"Are you really questioning Suzie right now?" Mike snapped.

"She's a genius, Jonathan," Will chimed in.

"Even geniuses make mistakes!" Jonathan protested.

"Well, she didn't."

During the brief moment of silence that occurred after the small quarrel between Mike and Jonathan, Argyle leaned across his seat to whisper something to him.

"If that small woman is small enough, she could fit behind a small tree."

"Stop!" Jonathan growled, pressing the brake and bringing the vehicle to a sharp halt. This action caused the boys in the back to tumble around and hit their heads.

"What are you doing?" Mike complained, rubbing the sore spot where he had hit his forehead.

"I'm stopping us before we get more lost," The shaggy-haired teenager grumbled.

Nobody was in the mood to argue him on that. So, the entire crew hopped out of the van, lifted the trunk, and spread the map out so they could take a closer look.

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🎱 ꒱

"Alright, give me the coordinates," Jonathan ordered, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Longitude is one hundred and sixteen degrees, five minutes, and . . ." Will started.

"Slow down! Slow down!" His older brother rudely interrupted, waving his hands to signal for him to stop.

In the distance, Argyle was shouting for Nina. He was still one-hundred percent convinced that he was supposed to be searching for a woman rather than a facility. Mike, Will, and Jonathan rolled their eyes simultaneously and proceeded to ignore the stoner's antics.

"Alright, you just go straight down," Jonathan explained, tracing his finger down the line on the map. "Straight, straight . . ."

Eventually, his index finger met Mike's, proving that Suzie's coordinates had been correct all along. It still didn't make sense, though. There weren't any indicators of life around them besides the occasional crowing of birds.

"Right on the money, as I said," Mike spat.

"It just doesn't make sense," Jonathan sighed.

Suddenly, Argyle's distant voice called out to the group. What kind of bullshit had he come up with this time?

"Yo, dudes! My dudes!"

"Jesus Christ," Mike muttered beneath his breath.

"Come check this shit out!"

"What is it?" The ravenette hollered, pretending to be intrigued.

"You gotta see it to believe it, my dudes!" Argyle clamored, pointing continuously at whatever he had discovered. "Come on! Hurry!"

The three boys shared a quick glance and sighed in defeat. They had practically given up on trying to find Nina, so there was no harm in at least giving the stoner a chance. With that, they sprinted up the hill and met him at the top.

"Okay, so no small woman named Nina," Argyle said. "But you said any signs of life, am I right?"

Jonathan nodded.

"Well," Argyle started, crouching down and pointing at a pattern of tire tracks imprinted in the dirt. "These are no regular tire tracks, brochachos. I mean, look at the tread on these monsters. They're fatties. And you know what that means."

"Military," Mike said, his eyes glistening with realization.

Holy shit. Argyle had finally contributed something useful to them. Giving him a chance was completely worth it this time.

"We gotta go," Jonathan stated.

With that being said, all four boys scurried back to the Surfer Boy Pizza van to continue their adventure.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 !
LMAO this chapter is so bad but i felt guilty for not updating in over a week so i decided to publish it anyway