Twelve

Suppressing a yawn, Thea stumbled her way to the kitchen. She had barely been capable of pulling her aching body out of her warm bed only moments ago. Between the training, which was only increasing in difficulty each day, and the lack of sleep from her incident last night, Thea was dead on her feet. She pulled her feet down the steps, leaning against the wall as she went.

All four Vice members were already munching on their breakfast as she entered the room.

Avoiding the pair of green eyes that turned to her as she entered the room, she made herself coffee and sat down next to Ryder.

"Hey Thea, look what I can do." Trevor balanced a spoon on his nose and moved his head back and forth. Lottie giggled over her spoonful of cereal.

Thea shot Trevor a glare. It was way to early in the morning for his shit.

She rubbed the leftover sleep from her eyes and stifled another yawn.

"All that training finally getting to you?" Ryder nudged her shoulder. Thea only nodded and took a sip of her coffee. She was slightly annoyed by the fact that James looked wide awake. He got up to place his dishes in the sink and Thea could spot no sign of soreness from their brutal training yesterday. His hair was styled neatly on his head, and his clothes were crisp and business-like.

There was no indication that he had gotten only a few hours of sleep.

She mumbled that she was going to finish getting ready and left with her coffee.

An arm wrapped around her bicep and pulled her to a stop in front of the stairs. "Once you're finished getting ready we need to discuss the details for tonight."

Thea quirked her eyebrow in question at James' vague use of the word details.

"I mean what your going to wear."

"I think I can dress myself just fine," she turned to leave.

"Well, seeing that she's pretty good at doing it, I'd be more comfortable with Lottie choosing your outfit tonight."

She stiffened at the remark but didn't turn to face him. She had little interest in seeing the smug smile that was probably plastered across his face.

Instead she opted for a hot shower and change of clothes.

****

"I feel like a stripper." Thea shifted uncomfortably in the tight dress. She was used to wearing revealing dresses, but Lottie had taken it to a whole new level.

"You look hot." Lottie clapped her hands together and tugged the brunette into the bathroom. She began pulling at Thea's hair making her wince and shy away, which only made Lottie pull harder.

Thea groaned and succumbed to the torture.

After Lottie finished applying a heavy amount of make up, she ushered Thea in front of the floor length mirror on her bathroom door.

The dress was a second layer of velvet red skin, hand picked by Lottie herself. Backless with a plunging neckline, the dress left very little to the imagination. It was shorter than any dress Thea had worn before, revealing her long toned legs.

She ran a tentative finger down the neckline, and tried to pull the hem of the dress downwards. Lottie swatted at her hands.

"Stop it, you look perfect."

Thea rolled her eyes, which had been coated in mascara and eyeliner making her eyes pop against the color of the dress. She turned away from the image in the mirror.