Two

Rain poured onto the vacant street as Thea stepped out of the car. Her leather boots clunked against wet pavement as she slung her bag over her shoulder and followed the others up to the house. It was elegant, and large, larger than the one she shared with her brother. Another aspect of the gang life Thea failed to wrap her head around. Sure luxurious houses added to their lifestyle but it became too much to Thea. There were rooms in the Knights house that were never opened. It was a waste.

Lottie swung open the enormous black doors and skipped gleefully inside. The boys followed her in.

"Your room is up here," Lottie said over her shoulder before racing up a stair case. Thea gripped her bag tighter, being in the house of her long time rivals set her nerves on edge. She ascended the stairs following the red heads jittery form down the hallway to the right.

"You're right across from James. I guess he wanted to make sure you didn't sneak out." she flung open the door and ushered Thea inside. The room was just a bit smaller than the one Thea had at the Knights house. She flung her bag onto the bed looking around. The room had a large window on the far wall, and its own private bathroom. It was fully furnished with a queens sized bed and a matching dresser set. She turned back to Lottie.

"Don't you want to unpack?" her voice was cheery, but Thea could see the dark girl that hid beneath the facade. She studied the girl. At first glance she seemed like your typical cheerleader, but when you looked closer you could see a tattoo creeping out from beneath her white top, tell-tale scars marked her arms and chest. Leftover from fights, Thea had many of her own. But the biggest thing that gave her away was the look in her eyes. The darkness and danger every gang member had. Her eyes didn't match the wide smile stretched across her face. They were dead.

Lottie squirmed under her gaze waiting for an answer. Thea shook her head, "Not much to unpack, I can do it later."

Lottie nodded and walked back out into the hallway. "You should put on something nice."

Thea changed, catching the hint that they were planning something. Biting her lip she looked at her choice of clothes. There wasn't much. She setteled for a plan skin tight black dress. Hoping it would do for whatever they had planned. She paired it with a set of boots, heels wouldn't allow her to move if something happened. Glancing in the mirror she went and did her make up, raccoon eyed smoky eyes and thick liner.

Sending one last glance at her new room, Thea met Lottie in the hallway. The girl sported an olive green dress that showed of her slight frame and long legs ending just above the knees. Thea compared it to her own short dress, she had dressed appropriately.

The boys were waiting for them downstairs, the three turned as the girls descended the stairs, their quiet conversation died down. Thea entered the room, it was filled with the four of the most dangerous people in the city, and they were all staring at her. She cleared her throat and shifted her gaze to the entrance hall. Like the outside of the house, it was elegant. From where she stood she could see the living room and the kitchen, both extensions of the foyer on either side. A tiled hallway to the right of the stair case led straight back to a room that looked out of the large backyard. They were on the outskirts of the city, a space this large so close must have cost a fortune.

"It's time to see what the great Thea Knight can do." Thea turned when James spoke. A devilish grin grew on his face.

"Bring it on." Thea said under her breath exiting out the door behind them.