Four

"Only Vice members are allowed in here. So you don't need to worry about anyone knowing who you are." Lottie pulled the door to the gym open. Thea walked into the aroma of sweat and was met with the sound of weights banging. On the fourth day after her arrival James had insisted Thea train with the others, she didn't argue, she actually didn't mind training all that much. And she would do anything to get out of that house, she hated being cooped up too long. "None of them know anyways, James has yet to make that little announcement."

A few people glanced up as they passed, a few shying away at the sight of Lottie. This only made the smile grow wider on her face and Thea began to worry that the girl's face would split in half from the tension placed on her lips.

They passed the weights and treadmills and headed to the back corner of large gym, walking through a pair of double doors and into another large room lined with boxing rings. All but one were empty. Lottie plopped down against the wall and Thea slid down next to her keeping her eyes on the ring where Ryder and Trevor were sparring. And neither were pulling any punches despite Trevor's wounded state. He did get shot only earlier that week. Thea shot a glance towards Lottie.

Lottie shrugged her shoulders, "He insisted."

"Seriously though, you have to teach me how you took out Harvey." Thea looked over at her quizzically. "You know the guy you killed yesterday?" Thea nodded and turned back to the two sweaty men in front of her. "If I ruin one more dress-"

Thea stopped listening. Instead she focused in on the way Ryder was fighting. He was larger than her and she could tell it was going to be difficult to take him down. But having the chance to see his fighting style would give her an edge. She noticed his eyes focusing in on Trevor's hips, she settled her eyes there too, trying to see what he saw. After a few minutes she understood what he was doing. Each time Trevor threw a punch, his hips gave him away a second before. His punch thrown from the same arm of which hip was in set in front. Ryder was using this to stay ahead of him, he dodged every flying fist that came his way.

She watched as he sent a few of his own punches towards Trevor's face. They weren't fast but you could see the power behind them. Trevor stumbled back as one clipped the side of his jaw, Ryder wasted no time sending a kick into his chest, knocking him back into the ropes. Trevor slumped forward and tapped his arms against the mat weakly.

"I can't." he breathed out. He pulled himself out of the ring and slumped against the wall next to Lottie. Lottie looked over at him worridly, "You didn't tear a stitch did you?" Trevor pulled up his shirt and shook his head.

"I didn't go too hard on him." Ryder chuckled in the ring. "Your turn." he beckoned Thea over, Trevor gave her a sympathetic look. Thea stood and shrugged off her sweatshirt, leaving her in a fitted black tank top and athletic leggings. She climbed into the ring and faced Ryder.

"Ready?" Ryder positioned himself into a fighting stance. Thea gave him a curt nod before adjusting her own feet. She raised her fists and waited for Ryder to make the first move. She didn't have to wait long, he was a offensive fighter. He came at her with less force than she was expecting and she easily dodged the punch sent for her left cheek. Another followed immediately and she ducked under his arm. Ryder growled lowly and turned. His eyes were trained on her hips, she smirked.

She moved her hips so that they were angled towards the right, her left hip set in front, but instead of punching with her left fist, she brought her right hand up. Her fist sailed past Ryder's right arm, which he had thrown up, and hit him square in the jaw. He stumbled backwards, confusion spread across his face. Thea's smirk grew. She lifted her foot and sent a kick barreling into his chest, the same move he had just executed on Trevor. He fell back into the ropes, but didn't stay down. Jumping to his feet he narrowed his eyes and approached her more cautiously.