Twenty Nine

A/N: I know I've been shit with updating, and that last chapter was crap. I've just been super busy with school and Lacrosse season. So i'll update more frequently as I get used to this schedule :] I hope y'all can forgive me.

"Now we'll finally get to see what Lottie does." Trevor panted as he swung from the beams overhead.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Thea cringed at Lottie's high pitched squeal, which echoed through the empty gym and stepped to the side as she flung herself at Trevor.

He swung away neatly, dropping to his feet a few meters from Lottie's steaming figure, "Well I mean, for a while there I thought you were just here to look pretty."

She blushed lightly at this but continued to pout.

"I contribute to the team."

Trevor nodded reassuringly, "Yes without you we'd only have those slutty club girls to look at."

Thea placed her hands on her hips.

"Oh you're alright too, Thea."

Thea snorted and looked to Lottie, they both sprung toward the cocky blonde.

In a matter of seconds they had him pinned to the ground, Thea sitting on his legs and Lottie on his chest. Lottie mercilessly clawed at the boys face and pulled his hair, Thea laughed at the scene. The duo were expert fighters, yet here they were pinching and pulling hair.

"Have you guys gotten any training done today?" Ryder's deep voice boomed at them from the doorway. Lottie and Trevor separated enough to look at him, before continuing in their petty fight.

Thea untangled herself from Trevor's feet and trotted over to Ryder.

"Let's spar, while these two idiots goof around." Ryder rolled his eyes when Trevor squealed, Lottie's hand was twisted in his hair.

Thea followed him to the ring, stretching out her tight muscles, her joints cracked as they readied themselves.

"How are you feeling?"

She craned her neck awkwardly as she pulled her arm over her head, "Almost up to speed."

He grinned at her and took up a fighting stance, "Good. It's been boring with just the other two."

It only took a few minutes of skirmishing around the ring to find her feet again. She took Ryder down the sound of his weighting hitting the mat synchronized with the gym door opening. She stepped back, helping Ryder to his feet, then returned to a starting position. They went at it again, ignoring the pair of eyes that looked on from the doorway.

"He's just making sure you can fight again." Ryder said lowly stepping around an angry fist.

She snorted unattractively, spinning away from his charge.

Ryder shot her a confused look.

"He's been MIA since the night this happened." She pointed to her bandaged abdomen.

"I thought you didn't want him to take care of you."

She scowled at his raised eyebrow, "That's not what I meant... a leader can't just disappear for two days. Especially after something like this."

Ryder responded with an onslaught of punches, the conversation was drowned in the fight.

*****

"Shower, then meet us at the car and we'll grab lunch." Ryder disappeared into the private locker rooms. She nodded, wiped the sweat from her forehead and turned away from James' unmoving figure.