Eighteen

The phone buzzed on the bedside table, releasing a small beam of light in the dark room. Thea shifted in her sleep. The phone buzzed again and Thea's eyes cracked open.

She grabbed the phone and blinked as her eyes adjusted to the brightness. She didn't have a chance to read the message before the screen went dark and then Trevor's face flashed across it. Thea answered the phone immediately, he had been gone for the last few hours. She didn't blame him though the guy had gone through a lot that day. A few hours after he arrived, Miles stopped breathing.

"Trevor?"

****

Thea burst through the front doors of the bar. The scene on the other side of the doors was chaos. A mob of people were cheering, most of them college aged guys, all of them were crowded around a figure standing on the bar.

Thea got closer and it became apparent that the figure was Trevor. He stood on the bar swaying slightly as he downed a beer and slammed it on the bar next to a row of empty bottles, the crowd roared. Thea pushed her way through the crowd and yanked on Trevor's pant leg, he looked down.

"Oh hey Thea!" a grin grew on his face. He jumped off of the bar and she shot an arm out to stabilize him. Thea pulled him toward the door but Trevor shrugged her off.

"Hey you haven't met my friend!" he shouted at her. Thea only looked at him and he held up a hand drunkenly, "Wait here a second."

Before Thea could stop him, Trevor disappeared into the crowd. When he returned he had his hand looped around some girls waist. The brunette was dressed in a short red cocktail dress and high heels.

"Thea this is..." Trevor looked at the girl dubiously.

"Meredith." The girl said lazily.

"Oh yes, this is Meredith."

Thea didn't bother to fake a smile, "Nice to meet you. Can we-?"

A broad shouldered guy pushed past her and stopped in front of Trevor. His large figure blocked her view of Trevor and she had to step to the side to watch the confrontation.

"Hey, what do you think your doing with my girlfriend?!" the beefy man roared. The noise in the bar died down as everyone turned to watch the scene unfold.

"Oh we were just having some fun now weren't we baby?" Trevor drawled tightening his hold around Meredith.

"Mike please," the brunette chimed in putting a hand up to shoo him away.

"Yeah Mike, please. Just go along with your friends. Melissa is on to bigger and better things." Trevor mocked. Meredith swatted at him when he messed up her name again. A vein in Mike's neck bulged and Thea could see his heart rapidly pumping blood through the vessel.

Mike pushed Trevor backwards. Hard. Trevor, in his drunken state, couldn't keep his legs underneath him and fell to the ground. Thea rushed forward past Mike and knelt down by Trevor sighing. He stared back up at her.

"Well this is what you wanted isn't?" She scoffed down at him, he only looked back up at but she could tell he understood.

"Screw it," she sighed rolling her eyes; she turned back to Mike, pulling her own arm back and threw the punch into the side of his jaw. Her fist collided with his face, the cracking sound of his jaw breaking bounced through the bar. Mike fell down to the ground holding his mouth.

She braced herself as several of Mikes friends came rushing forwards. She felt Trevor stand behind her as the scene collapsed into an all out brawl, the two of them, Thea and Trevor, versus the rest of the bar.