Thirteen

A few minutes later the car pulled into the garage of a large apartment building, she had to bend her neck to see the top of the tall building. Thea puffed her cheeks and let the air come out with a whooshing sound.

"My apartments on the top floor," Reynolds explained opening the door for her.

"You must make good money, what do you do?" she eyed him carefully.

"I own a business," his answer was casual.

She mentally laughed, business, he called conning people a business. If she had been carrying a purse, she was sure he would take it as soon as she got into bed with him, which she hoped wouldn't have to happen.

While she admitted the guy was handsome, something about him offset her. A pit grew in her stomach and she forced herself to swallow it down. Thea wasn't nervous, she rarely got nervous, but the thought of being alone with this man until the others came shot a new wave of adrenaline though her blood stream.

The sound of her heels clicking against the cement floor echoed off the walls as they walked across the carpark. Several other expensive looking cars adorned the spaces around his. Thea estimated that the price of all of them combined could buy a small country in Africa. Reynolds hit a button on the wall and the elevator door dinged open.

"Jeremy Reynolds." Thea looked over when his voice sounded through the small box, "My name is Jeremy Reynolds."

"I don't remember asking." Thea glanced away from him, and grinned inwardly when the smug smile was wiped from his face.

A gust of air left her lips as she was shoved against the back of the elevator.

He looked down at her with a predatory gaze, "You're a feisty one, aren't you."

Thea placed her hands onto his chest and shoved him off, spinning them around so that she was now holding him against the wall, "You're an eager one, aren't you."

The door opened behind her and she dropped her hands, stepping aside to allow him to lead her from the elevator and down a dark entry hallway that opened up into a large living room, a staircase led up to what Thea imagined would be the master bed room. On the wall adjacent to the stairs, elegant glass windows overlooked the city.

"You never mentioned your name," he crossed over to the small bar in the corner of the room and pulled out two champagne glasses. Thea had her gaze set out the window. The city lights were beautiful in the darkness that came right after the sunset. Every building was familiar to her, every inch of the skyline etched into her mind. If she had wanted to, she could sketch it with her eyes shut.

"What would you like my name to be?" she accepted the glass of bubbling liquid he handed to her. She eyed it curiously before adding, "I wouldn't be much fun if you drugged me."

Jeremy let out a low laugh, "I'd never drug a girl. I prefer my woman to come to me," he bent his head so that their lips were almost touching.

"I want them to beg me for it."

Thea met his hungry gaze with her own, she lifted the glass to her lips and allowed the carbonated liquid to flow over her tounge. She basked in the taste of the expensive drink.

Removing the glass from her lips, she gave him a pointed look, "You haven't answered my question. What would you like my name to be?"

He seemed to ponder this for a moment, "Adalyn."

"You ass." Thea jumped at the voice and turned to see James descending the stairs. She hadn't even known they were there. Had they left the club before them?