Ten

Thea skillfully loaded the handgun in front of her, "Why is this so important that it needs to be done now?"

"I don't want to worry about anything other than dealing with the Black Knights. Before we begin the task of tearing down the most notorious gang in New York, I want to get rid of any distractions." James looked at her, his hands working at his own weapon.

"And this gang leader, you consider him a threat?"

"A threat, no. But he has been interfering with several of our operations. His second in command is much more tolerable. If we take out the current leader, the gang will back off."

Thea nodded and clicked the magazine into place. Double checking the safety, she slide the heavily waited gun into her ankle holster. Her boots kept the single-stack magazine hidden well. Although it fired less shots, Thea preferred the discrepancy it provided.

She never needed the extra shots anyways.

James tucked his own gun into a holster at the small of his back, "Why didn't you wear that when you took out Harvey?"

"It doesn't have a silencer," Thea stated. "And its a nuisance to carry around. My ankle always gets blisters after wearing it."

Pulling on his skingraft bomber style jacket, the corners of James' mouth tugged upwards.

"Are you sure you don't just like the challenge of facing your opponent without a weapon?"

Thea tugged on a leather jacket and shrugged. "There's that too."

She began lacing up her boots as the others joined them. Their own weapons already loaded and concealed. Thea groaned inwardly at Lottie's outfit. "I thought you said we were going somewhere casual."

The girl shook her hips, showing off the fitted blue dress with a plunging neckline, "I get to be the distraction tonight."

Thea noted her lack of weapon, and hoped the girl would be able to handle her own if it came down to it.

"Let's head out." Ryder tossed the keys to James.

****

"How small is this gang again?"

"Larger than you would think." James slid a drink over to Ryder.

"Then why is their leader spending a saturday night here?"

Thea took her drink off the counter and rotated her barstool around so she had a better view of the bar. It was small and dingy, but packed to the brim with people. She was disgusted to find out that Lottie had been the one dressed appropriately. Thea growled at a stare from an onlooking man as he analyzed her choice of clothing, he wasn't the first one of the night.

Lottie herself was chatting up a man at the other end of the bar. She had entered after them. Waiting for them to get settled before making an appearance.

Their guy had yet to show up and Thea was on her second glass of the night. Not that she minded anyway, if everything went to plan she wouldn't have to get involved in the night's events. However, things rarely went as planned.

James nudged her elbow as the door to the pub opened, allowing a small gust of chilly air to make its way over to Thea. She studied the burly man that entered. He was sporting an expensive suit, and his jet black hair was trimmed just below his ears. Two men in fitted black t-shirts flanked his sides.

"He brought company." Thea observed turning to James.

"Looks like Lottie may need your help after all."