Chapter 37. Unmarked mate

"So basically, let me know if I got this right. Crescent was actually your sister's wolf. But, because your sister was absorbed in the womb, she was brought by Waning in your mind to share the same place, thus preventing her death.

But now with you rejecting Crescent's mate and finding your true mate, Waning is no longer able to maintain Crescent alongside her for much longer, so the latter is once again in grave danger of perishing." Gabriel tried to summarize what Celia had just informed them.

Frowning, he waited for Celia to affirm if he understood correctly, while also trying to think if there was a precedent for such a thing that could help the future queen. But he did not need to think much, for the previous queens, or at least other high ranking werewolves, to have two wolves in the same body was without a doubt an information one would never forget, especially him who taught history and general knowledge at the Academy.

Celia listened to his words and, confirming she indeed made herself understood correctly by them, nodded her head.

"Okay, understood. About the witch who is currently trying to find a solution, will she be able handle it on her own, or is there something we can do to assist? I could at least analyze a little more Crescent's state with the Seer, to see how she is!" Gabriel asked.

The Seer was the tool the pack doctor mostly used when healing werewolves, one of its abilities being that it could check the health of a wolf. He used the special Seer in his possession to mostly check the students' ranks and sub ranks. He was not a doctor, but he could at least also check the wolf's current condition.

"No matter what, we will do everything in our power to ensure the wolf's safety. We will also delegate some trackers to investigate alongside the witch and the watcher teams that are on standby will join in on the search for a solution. Do not worry, I am here for you!" Salas assured her.

"Thank you for offering your help, but Clarissa is the only one who can find it! Also, if there are too many people checking, it could have the opposite effect. She now has some leads, but if others intervene, those leads could be lost!" Celia earnestly said. She was thankful for his support and trust, but she had talked more with Waning, after calming the wolf from her sorrow, and for now they could only wait.

Salas looked into her eyes to seek even a small sign of wavering, but he realized she indeed was not holding back, and there was nothing he could do currently. Well, even if she did not need help right at this very moment who knows about the future, just to make sure he would keep track of what was happening anyway, and if she really needed his help later on he would offer it, even without her asking.

Clarifying the situation with Celia and Waning, they redirected their attention to the attack that happened more than three days ago, which was also a major problem. Two attack in less than a month, when they previously had decades of peace, was not a minor problem.

It was early evening when Gabriel left, after having informed Salas of all the information they had collected about the rogues, which unfortunately were not too detailed.

All the werewolves that were caught had killed themselves before even a piece of information was extracted from them and no other evidence of their identity or other clues could be found in their possession.

Their information network contained data on every werewolf in the kingdom, each member of every pack had their data stored by the officials, but rogues were lawless, they mated and had pups in the wild without a proper doctor. Who could tell how many there were or even were they came from.

Lastly Gabriel had also asked Salas's approval on other urgent matters that needed Salas's express permission.

***