Chapter 30. His highness's date

In the afternoon, the day of the ball

"Mom, I am so excited to participate in tonight's ball! What do you think of the dress I bought, is it glamorous enough?" Asked Brianna looking satisfied and happy, as she was checking out her dress.

"You girl! You are already 6 months pregnant. Why did you buy a mini dress with that big of a cleavage, not to mention the red bright color? And what if you trip with those high heels?" Asked her mother.

She had thought to accompany her daughter when she searched for a dress, but the latter had already said she bought one alone. If she knew that was the dress Brianna bought, she would've stopped her from wearing it. But now there was no time to buy another one.

Really, it was easier before, when Celia was making her dresses. She always took notice of what fitted Brianna and the occasion it was for. But now her youngest daughter ...

"So what if I am six months pregnant? I still have to look my best, don't I? I am the Luna of the New Moon Pack. People might say we are not powerful and influential enough if I dress too shabby." Brianna answered arrogantly, not even looking at her mother.

"We also informed your sister to come and reject Rayan properly. If you show up all dolled up like that, do you think she will still take pity on you?" Her mother asked, trying to reason with her more.

Brianna snorted hearing her mother. As if she cared about what her sister would think?!

She was some months away from giving birth to Rayan's heir. She had checked and the pup was a boy. Her position was already solid enough. Like it or not, her sister should reject Rayan and get it done with. Her sister was the third person in her and Rayan's relationship. She had met him first.

She failed to consider the fact that Celia was the true mate and, in the werewolf's society, the mate was always the right partner and the first choice for another wolf. Especially for an alpha, who would become more powerful by mating and marking his rightful mate.

"Mom she said she didn't want him then. She left just like that. How can she do something about it now?" Brianna asked upset.

"Even if she does not want Rayan. Your father told her you were in the hospital in critical condition, and now several days later here you are attending the ball dressed up. What if she suspects that we only tried to trick her into letting go of Rayan?" Her mother asked.

"Mom we will be meeting the king tonight. I have heard his highness is quite a handsome man. Shouldn't I look my best? Who knows, perhaps I can even warm up to him and he may just help me get rid of the bond between Celia and Rayan. If his highness uses his alpha voice on her, she would have no choice but to say the rejection words, even without her willingness." Brianna stated, like what she said was the righteous thing in the world.

"Brianna, his highness meets so many werewolves each year. Do you think he would take notice of every member of every pack? Even if we are talking about alphas, there are some who have never spoken to him.

In all the years I've went to the ball, I have never gotten even in a few feet away from him, much less speak with him." Her mother reasoned, trying to suppress the childish dreams of her daughter.

"You never know mom. Perhaps he might just talk with me! And even if he doesn't, I still will not talk to Celia. She has to let go of Rayan no matter what. How can the aunt's baby become his stepmother? She will have to let go, one way or another. It is not my problem how." Brianna said getting angrier.

Her mother, Diane, did not argue with her longer. She tried many times to reason with Brianna, to make her call her sister and end their differences, but she never succeeded. Although Diane explained to her daughter that Celia could harm them if she wanted to, by using her position.