Chapter 9. The rightful Luna

Sunday afternoon her plane landed on schedule. It had been a relaxing flight, as she traveled first class this time, courtesy of the Academy. She was only becoming a watcher because of her dream, but was only now learning of the benefits and perks that came with the job.

She was considered a new student, but she had already received a card on which, each month, a substantial scholarship would be deposited. Hers was even larger than the rest of her pack's members as she was their leader, it was almost double.

It baffled her, as she checked the card the week before, when she went to the city with Jake and the other guys, to buy some souvenirs for her family. Checking the scholarship at an ATM machine, to see how much her budget for the presents could be, she could not believe the amount that was displayed. Even if she splurged the money, there would still remain more than half of the scholarship to save up, and it would renew each month.

Another advantage of a watcher student's status would be traveling first class each time, as the airline company was actually owned by the current king.

She was also supposed to be greeted with respect each time she visited her original pack, and the Alpha and Luna would have to welcome her personally, though she did not want that. The pack was an extended family so she could never demand that from them.

She did not even want to inform them yet that she was in fact a watcher student. The tattoo that showed her alpha status, when she was made the Alpha of her newly formed pack, appeared on her left palm, but if she wore a glove no one would see it. She only wanted her family to know, to share the joy only with them. So as soon as she landed, she immediately put on her glove to hide the mark.

Inside the airplane during the flight she had removed her glove, so when the stewardess that served her a drink saw the alpha's mark, she immediately changed her form of addressing. Not only that, she also became more respectful and did not even raise her head from that moment on, each time she passed by her seat. This treatment she received from the other stewardesses as well.

They even helped her with the bags until the exit of the airport and called a private car to drive her to her pack, even though she said it was not necessary. They had insisted to do so.

She did not know if her pack would react the same way if they found out, but she did not wish to verify it.

Arriving home, she thanked the driver that carried her bags until the doorway, before she knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer it.

She waited for several minutes, but nobody answered. It was strange... on Sundays everybody should be home, by this time even her father would have returned.

Having no other choice, she searched her bag to find her house keys. As an organized person the keys were found quickly, then she immediately opened the door, and saw that inside the house indeed no one was there.

She frowned wondering where everyone went, as she carried her bags up to her room. She also tried calling them, but even to her call no one answered. Well, they should be arriving soon enough she thought, so it was probably better to take a shower and wait for them.

Opening her bedroom's door, the atmosphere felt strange. Usually, her scent would be the most predominant smell in this room, and other people's scent should only vaguely be felt. Now that she had been gone for a month, even less others' scents should be sensed, if not totally lacking. Why would anyone come in her room with her away?

But her keen nose clearly smelt her sister's scent all around the room, even more than her own. Thinking of this, it warmed her heart. Could it be her sister was missing her so much that she spent time in her room? Brianna had been angry at her all this time, but it looked like she was not honest with herself, she was still a little girl throwing a tantrum.