Chapter 11. One mate for life

Celia's phone suddenly rang in the deafening silence. The situation had become stalemate for some moments already. Celia had not reacted at all to Brianna's plea, so the latter did not know how to continue speaking. If she were to say anything else, she could possibly make the situation worse. And Diane, the protective mother, did not know how to guard Brianna, if Rayan were to suddenly attack her daughter.

As for the other people... well, other than Celia who just wanted to leave, each of them was more shocked than the other. No one knew how they could rectify the matter. Inside the ballroom the pack members were waiting for the Luna Ceremony of a fake mate, moreover a pregnant one.

How could they set things right? Did the possibility to correct the matter even exist?

Daniel on his part was the only one who looked worriedly towards Celia, but his words were stuck in his throat. What could he say to his sister? Brianna had always taken advantage of Celia, but this time she had crossed any possible limit, she had taken it way too far.

Everyone kept quiet, resulting in the awkward atmosphere that was perturbed by the ringtone.

She calmly checked her phone, only to see Jake's name on the caller ID. Honestly, a friend she met a month ago called her after only a day of absence, but her family did not manage to call her even though a month had passed since her departure.

"Hello!" She picked up the phone in their presence, unconcerned about the current mood. She had said she would call him after arriving home, but she had omitted to. It was unfair towards him, to not answer because of the lovely people around her.

"Hi Alpha!" His greeting boomed in her ear, he was clearly excited to hear her voice. His clear happy tone contrasting with the current funeral like mood.

The high ranking werewolves of her pack of course could hear it also, even if he was not on speaker. Was it a joke between them? Their faces seemed to say, otherwise who would call a girl alpha.

"Hi Jake. I am sorry, I said I would call you, but I did not." She frankly admitted, without any excuses.

Her warm tone unlike until now, even though she had not said many words during this whole time, made Rayan's heart ache and fill with jealousy.

"No problem, no problem. Who would dare to question their leader? I just wanted to check if you arrived home without any problems." He said reassuringly.

"Also, the secretary informed me and the guys that, although the courses start on the 15th of September for the normal classes, for the Watcher students they will start on the first of September, so you should come back some days before the first. As your Beta, I told her I will inform you myself, so she will not call you personally to let you know." He informed her enthusiastically, happy she would come back earlier than she intended.

"Thank you for letting me know. Can you also do me a favor?" Celia asked, her tone still calm and mellow. The information about the watcher classes had quelled even more the lingering feelings of sadness and resentment she subconsciously still retained towards her family.

"Sure! Anything for my watcher pack's Alpha!" He hurriedly replied.

"I do not have the secretary's number on my old phone, and the Academy issued phone is not with me. Please ask her to book me a plane ticket on the next flight to the Academy. I only need about an hour to get to the airport, so any flight that is two hours or more away would be perfect." Her voice did not change as she told him, but he did notice something was off.

She had said she would stay home for the entire period of the vacation, and now she wished to come back immediately? Something must have been wrong with her family to make her leave. Celia was not an unruly and irrational person... if anything she was very attentive, and would likely suffer grievances by herself than cause others harm. Even before when they went to the city, the care and happiness she displayed while choosing presents for her loved ones showed just how much she valued them.