Chapter 42. The informant

She drove for a really long time, perhaps it was more than four to five hours ago since she left her home. And, even though she absolutely hated to drive herself for such a long time, she had no choice but too. Especially, considering that no one should know of the person she was meeting. A person she hated to see, but was the only one who could help her now.

She was already steadily losing all her patience on the way to this dark gloomy place, then she lost even more as she went through all the checkups. But now, waiting in front of the massive mahogany doors, her mood had shifted entirely.

Her palms started to sweat nervously and kept getting colder no matter how much she held them together, trying to warm them up. This chilling icy place seemed to freeze her down to her very core, but she could not tell you if her slight tremble was because of the cold numbing atmosphere or of the coldness of the voice that summoned her inside held.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your presence?" The cold hoarse voice impassibly spoke.

Kneeled before him, she had still not dared to raise her head up to look at him. Regardless of how beautiful and ethereal his appearance was, beneath that beautiful sculpted face adorned with grey eyes and platinum blond hair, a monster hid.

"I-I need your help!" She stutteringly said, half regretting the choice she made in coming here.

"Hmmm... help? Ohh... but have I not helped you already?" The cold man stated. He was calm, but it did not soothe her at all. All who knew him, could tell his calmness was only a façade, the calm before the storm.

"Now was the time you were supposed to help me, wasn't it so? So then why have you come to me for help? Have you accomplished your end of the bargain, so that you could dare have another wish? Or because it has been decades already... have you forgotten about the initial arrangement?!" He continued without waiting for her to answer the first question.

His questions made her kneel even more in submission, even though this person was not her king and could not demand from her to do so, even though they were not even of the same race. Scared of his pressing aura, she had no choice but to bend even more.

"I-I have tried to help as much as I could, I have informed you when his highness was not in the palace last time, and even when they were getting closer to finding something about you in the past. Even now, I also come with the information that Salas has successfully interrogated the men he captured when they entered the forest to kidnap the students.

Please believe me, it is not my intention to fool you.

It took time for me to prepare myself to the level that the Council would consider me as a potential queen, because without their backing he would not spare another glance to me, just like he had done in the past to many others. Not to mention, with me coming closer to him on my own will, I would have instantly been dismissed.

And now, just as everything was falling in its rightful place there is another disturbance that keeps interfering, one who must be eliminated at any costs. Without it out of the way, things would surely go in my favor!" She expressed desperately.

"You want to use me again? Did we not agree last time that you will handle the rest on your own?" The man asked her while he began to tap his fingers.

She realized that he was getting impatient with her, each time this man tapped his fingers, in the next few moment someone's head would fly off. And, now she was the only one in the room.

"Y-yes, but I have no other way. My grandfather had barely included me in the list of potential candidates, and the head council member had also supported me from all the others, but just as I thought my actions would bear fruit, the king... he has changed. And not only him, even the head council member changed too." The woman trembling said.