Chapter 44. Unspoken love

"How is it? Do you feel strange?" Salas asked her slowly.

"T-that... do you..." Celia was trying to say, but could not, in the current situation.

"Hmmm?" Salas murmured, oblivious of her turmoil.

"Do we have to...?" Celia tried again, but felt wordless under his close stare and touch.

"I am listening." Salas assured her, but did not react in anyway whatsoever, still doing as he pleased.

"Do you have to hold me like this?" Celia finally said aloud, unable to bare the situation any longer.

"Like how? I am only hugging you." Salas stated confused, with a soft mellow tone.

She felt like his voice was scratching at her heart, especially when he spoke so close to her ear, and his arms that wrapped around her abdomen sent tingles all around.

"The problem is how you are hugging me!" Celia said, with her usual expressionless face not so expressionless after all.

At least, that is how it looked like in his eyes. Her moist eyes with unshed tears of frustration, her slight tremble at every touch, even the rise in temperature of her body, all of it delighting him beyond words.

She felt like a small caged animal, but perhaps it was to be expected. In the mornings, when he cuddled with her she was still half asleep, but now at night as she sat up on the bed, with him hugging her from behind, and with his head rested on her shoulder, she was wide awake.

"So how does the ring feel on your hand? Is there something unusual? Do you feel strange?" Salas asked again his initial question, ignoring her words, and even redirecting her attention.

"I don't actually feel anything. It feels like a normal ring to me." Celia said, fooled by his redirection, as she rose her hand in the air to check how much the blue had covered the stone. Unfortunately, it was still only a fine line surrounding the stone, it indeed looked like it would take a month or more.

She was still admiring the beautiful ring, when she flinched, as the man, who had promised to not do something, was actually doing something.

"You, you liar!" Celia said and instantly separated from him, raising on her feet in front of the bed.

If he had tried, he could have stopped her from leaving his embrace, but he wanted to see her cute upset face also.

"How did I lie?" Salas asked serenely, not a speck of guilt on his face.

"Y-you said you will not do anything, but in the next second you ki-kissed my neck!" Celia said and even pointed at the spot.

"That's not your neck! At least, that spot is not!" Salas replied, still devoid of any regret. In fact, he looked like he was the one who had been wronged.

"W-what? How is it not mine?" She asked with a high pitched voice upset. She did not understand what he was getting at.

"That spot will have my mark on it, a month later. So technically... it's mine!" He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You-you shameless man! How can you say that with a straight face?"

"Do you want to see what else I can do with a straight face?" Salas asked smirking, before quickly raising from the bed, going after her.

"Alpha!" Jake interrupted her thoughts.

She jolted at his words as her vacant gaze stopped, and she looked at him, trying to contain her flustered face.